Icom IC-7100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raydio

K6KGW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
Hi guys,

Does anyone have an IC-7100? I just picked one up and it seems to be a fine HF/VHF/UHF rig for the money. Just wondering if anyone else has one??

73 Jim K4ECP

I bought one specifically to run with RemoteRig boxes replacing a 706MKIIG. I liked the radio soooo much I bought 2 more and now have three running remote all over the country. I originally bought the rig based on comments that it was the best and easiest radio to interface with the RemoteRig boxes. I was pleasantly surprised to find out just how good the radio is, which is better than the 706 and much better than all its competition that I can think of for a pretty cheap price around $680 after all the rebates are in if my memory is working.

I run a number of radios like the K3, Icom 7610, 7300, etc, so I'm familiar with how a good radio should behave and the 7100 does everything well.

Reactions: raydio
Checked out the RemoteRig boxes but cannot justify almost $500.00 for a remote box that costs nearly as much as the rig...Will keep trying to make the Icom remote software work as it was a bit less expensive -

I agree the RemoteRig boxes are not a low cost solution, but I prefer having a radio front panel and knobs to play with rather than a mouse and computer screen. The RemoteRig boxes are just like operating with the radio in front of you but it can be across the country or across the globe. I'm willing to pay a premium for that.

Checked out the RemoteRig boxes but cannot justify almost $500.00 for a remote box that costs nearly as much as the rig...Will keep trying to make the Icom remote software work as it was a bit less expensive -

Reactions: raydio and k.r.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts