idea: bin file for the list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
This weekend I'm going to update my channel list with the channel master program mentioned in the last thread I posted. Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of the correct program to use.

Here's a wacky idea - why not put a bin file out there in the list page so that it's one quick download to an sd card, and all channels are ready to go. As "the list" gets updated, just update the bin file out there.

true...

true.. The wild feeds are fun, UNTIL you get TP overload. That's when memory on the box goes kaput because the list gets too long. Varies from box to box when it happens. On my box weird things happen when I get to that point... some tps turn to 9999 and junk like that, or blind scans see the tps but won't add any channels, etc.

I know, I know - being a pain in the butt, lol, but what about letting "modified" versions of this puppy be uploaded to the "What's up there area" - maybe folks can add all the tps in the WUT area, etc.

Also, just a personal request - something most probably don't do - please make the English only go in to Favorite 1 list. Of course, that's probably asking too much, lol. Thanks again for offering this awesome service.

Also - being a pain in the butt again, please list the satellites by degrees... like 030 Hispasat, 043 Intelsat 3r, 103 AMC 1, etc. so that when you sort by satellite it ends up ordering them along the way they are lined up on the arc so that the motor is not moving all over the place between channel flips.

Here is an example using the default settings (You can change the settings in Channel Master):
The output is a zipped cmproj file.
I have tested it on my Pansat 3500 and Coolsat 6000.

Attachments

• list.JPG
    list.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Channel Master.JPG
    Channel Master.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 225
  • list.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 377
I manually zipped that file using WINRAR on my computer.
I re-zipped the file on SatelliteGuys server (the way it will actually be zipped)

Attachments

• list_fzp1.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 265
I used CM to upload to a GeoSat 200 today - It worked great! Controlled the motor perfectly. :):):):up:up:up
Thanks Qwert1515!
Bob

Will this work for any FTA receiver? How about a sonicview 360 Premier? I need an updated satellite freq / transponder list as the ones in it are outdated.

I downloaded the file from the list before but my pc says corrupt, will try my netbook. Thanks.

Edit: My netbook doesn't like the file either, no biggie, I can still enter the info from the list manually. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)