Idea for this forum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
While I was in the "Play in Motor" thread, a idea pop into my head. (I shared it there, too)
Maybe Iceberg and the modulators should create a Satellite Installation Reference section for this great site! It would be a reference thread that we FTA and C Band folks can refer to when we are installing a system. It can have drawings, charts, diagrams, etc... Maybe even diagrams on hookup to TVs, stereos, all Diseqc switch diagrams...
Nothing but a reference section on installation...
A 4DTV thread was created recently and it is a great success!
What do you all think?

Found this Manual

Maybe this can stir up that passion. I found this on another site and thought it can be a great help.

Attachments

• Dish Hardware Install Manual.pdf
    609.8 KB · Views: 3,686
I found this gem on using cement for different size posts (FTA dish poles).

Attachments

• Pole Mount Materials and Installation Guide.pdf
    107.1 KB · Views: 2,597
Kinda like a sister sub-forum of the FTA manuals section? Sounds good... I usually save the information tid-bits (manuals, .PDFs, etc.) when they are posted here. Somehow, I couldn't find the backlash adjustment .PDF the other day when I was responding in that other thread, and now its gone from the DMSI site. So maybe this would be a good idea, a repository of satellite information. But how to organize it?

Subject of Satellite Installation is multifaset, hence a separate FAQ thread is insufficient, especially taking into account quality of well structured info presented on this site, and competence of many frequent visitors here, which is above many other FTA sites. I support MrFTAMan's suggestion for a separate well structured Section. Despite multitude of FTA sites on the web, only very few in the world present to a reader a comprehensive quality reply to just about any FTA related question except piracy related. Again, one may be hard pressed to find a NA content piracy site addressing the needs of a more competent sat enthusiast, despite some are guided by so called Coders, that shows the real level of expertise and intelligence of an average piracy coder...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)