Identical recorded titles now problematic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike1951

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
SE Texas
Even since using the Hopper, if I had Death Wish 1974 and Death Wish 2018 on the same drive, the icon would show a 2, but you could select and view either.
Now, while the icon still shows a 2, only one is available to play. I copied both to the Hopper and then the opposite one was on top and available.
Finally had to delete both, restore one at a time and keep them separate.

In just a few minutes I found Ben Hur, Cape Fear, Inferno, Inherit the Wind, and Of Mice and Men. Of those, Inherit the Wind is probably the only duplicate. That was also the case with Destination Tokyo where deleting one left the other intact.

But I got a bunch to work thru.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Even since using the Hopper, if I had Death Wish 1974 and Death Wish 2018 on the same drive, the icon would show a 2, but you could select and view either.
Now, while the icon still shows a 2, only one is available to play. I copied both to the Hopper and then the opposite one was on top and available.
Finally had to delete both, restore one at a time and keep them separate.

In just a few minutes I found Ben Hur, Cape Fear, Inferno, Inherit the Wind, and Of Mice and Men. Of those, Inherit the Wind is probably the only duplicate. That was also the case with Destination Tokyo where deleting one left the other intact.

But I got a bunch to work thru.
I am noticing this on my Hopper 3 and on my connected EHD's. So deleting them and restoring them fixed it? I was hoping they would fix the software issue that caused it but I know that may take years. I have different versions of the same movie titles, some were filmed at different times (like one from the 40's and one from the 90's) it would be nice to have them both available and choose which one I want to watch.

I am noticing this on my Hopper 3 and on my connected EHD's. So deleting them and restoring them fixed it? I was hoping they would fix the software issue that caused it but I know that may take years. I have different versions of the same movie titles, some were filmed at different times (like one from the 40's and one from the 90's) it would be nice to have them both available and choose which one I want to watch.
It did work but you have to remember to only delete from the Hopper so that one can be restored from the Trash folder. Then you'll have to keep them stored on different drives.

Like you, I keep hoping they will fix the issue. I tried to report both on the phone and by written explanation given to a technician that was here. I doubt either will reach the programmers.

I decided to tackle individually when I want to watch that particular that movie.

PLEASE REPORT THE ISSUE! More reports might result in a fix!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts