IE updates caused a "no printing" issue, now FIXED by IE....huh?

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Have you had an update to IE previous to version 9?
My machine must have taken an update when I allowed them from Microsoft to version 8 some time ago. (I don't use IE, I prefer firefox and others.)

Well, Windows Mail would not print anything but the headers of all my mail from my laptop Had to forward them to another work machine for printing. No, not a printer or driver issue. Found out from 'net research that some editions of IE don't play nicely with Windows Mail.

Tip I found worked: Uninstall IE, (I had version 8...not really an "uninstall" but rather a "deselect windows options thing) then, downloaded the NEWER version, and all was fixed. Quick test was that I couldn't print from a page rendered in IE, either until this "fix."

Annoying to say the least. Been without e-mail printing for some time, yesterday had time for "small problem solving."

This may have been addressed already and elsewhere, I seldom come to this part of our site. Just glad it fixed the printing, and STILL amazed.
No "auto updates" for me.

Hope this helps other people!

Last edited:
Interesting... Although I too frequent Firefox over IE; I do keep up to date and didn't have the described issue. Wonder what caused it?

not sure, I "worked around" as mentioned by forwarding to another machine. But, I was SHOCKED when the uninstall/reinstall newer version post somewhere on the web was TRUE! Had nothing to lose, so I tried! (and wouldn't miss IE anyway)..but, glad I can print from windows mail again!

Windows Mail probably uses the IE engine for HTML render/Print. Not totally surprised that an IE update changed/fixed this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)