iTunes Match

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
iTunes Match is NOT Free

I thought iTunes music match was supposed to be free. In order to store music on the cloud you have to pay $25

Last edited:
You can store 5GB on iCould for free. If you want to use iTunes match witch upgrades your music DRM free and 256K bit rate you need to pay the yearly fee.

It doesn't give me the option to store any of my music at all. I had two choices, No Thanks or Purchase for $25

Does anyone know how to get your music to sync in the cloud? I have no cloud options on any of my songs. In iTunes when I click Turn on Match it gives me the option to decline or purchase for $25. I currently have about 4.9 gigs of storage left.

Can anyone help me with the APP organization issue? I do not want to spend an hour rearanging my APPs in iTunes to get it how it is SUPPOSED to be

Sorry but it does look like I was wrong. Looks like the music is only with iTunes Match or the keeping of your purchased songs in iCloud.

Sorry but it does look like I was wrong. Looks like the music is only with iTunes Match or the keeping of your purchased songs in iCloud.
thanks for you help, Jag. I appreciate it.

Even ones you purchased directly from iTunes can only be used in music match if you pay the fee. The advantage of the iTunes purchase is it doesn't count against your storage or your song limit

thanks for you help, Jag. I appreciate it.

Even ones you purchased directly from iTunes can only be used in music match if you pay the fee. The advantage of the iTunes purchase is it doesn't count against your storage or your song limit

Actually the ones purchased are automatically stored. You can download them from any device that you have on your account. No need to use music match on those. I never considered them part of iCloud until Rocky showed me the light.

JAG72 said:
Actually the ones purchased are automatically stored. You can download them from any device that you have on your account. No need to use music match on those. I never considered them part of iCloud until Rocky showed me the light.

:D

Been so busy today I didnot realize iTunes match went public. I bet syncing today wil be slow.

I have over 4000 songs synced. When you add new music use the menu command to update iTunes match.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I had several songs that encountered an "error" uploading to the cloud. Some I had ripped from a CD I bought and some from Rhaposody I had a gift card for. I assume I can try this again.

stmcld said:
I had several songs that encountered an "error" uploading to the cloud. Some I had ripped from a CD I bought and some from Rhaposody I had a gift card for. I assume I can try this again.

My experience with the beta was that it was hit or miss with uploading, and with it public now I'd expect it to be slow the first few days

I went ahead and bought it... I had 441 songs that did not match and had to be uploaded into the cloud. About 20% of my songs did not match.

Ok. Open iTunes on your iPhone/iPod/iPad, select purchased, then hit the tab that says "not on this iPhone. Your purchased items shoud show up with a little cloud next them. Tap the clouds and it will download the content to the music app of that device.

I'll add that you can download an entire purchased album, or just the individual tracks as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts