Ripping music to iTunes Match

I have a question about iTunes Match. When you upload a song from a CD into iTunes you are able to converge songs together. This is helpful for concept albums in rock where certain groups of songs are actually one long continuous song. When you purchase a CD from iTunes you are not able to merge songs together; the songs in the iTunes store will always be kept as separate songs. Will your merged CD songs be uploaded to iTunes Match as one merged song or will it split it back into separate songs like it appears in iTunes?

I don't really know as I don't have any merged songs to test it with. However, I have a ripped a few concept albums and they play back as you would expect with no gaps or pauses between the tracks.

mperdue said:
I don't really know as I don't have any merged songs to test it with. However, I have a ripped a few concept albums and they play back as you would expect with no gaps or pauses between the tracks.

But put it shuffle and each part will be separated

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

The issue isn't gapless play; the issue is merging.

The Beatles, Abey Road album is an example. Sun-King, Mean Mr. Mustard, Polyethylene Pam, She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, and The End are supposed to be played as one continuous song (gapless). iTunes treats them as separate songs. If you play them in order it will be gapless, but if you play it on shuffle you will only hear one of these songs at a time.

If you download the album from a CD you can merge all of these songs together making one long 12 minute song. Now when you put it on shuffle all of these songs will always play together. My question is, if you use iTunes Match and they match your Abey Road album, will these songs be merged on Match as well?

The issue isn't gapless play; the issue is merging.

The Beatles, Abey Road album is an example. Sun-King, Mean Mr. Mustard, Polyethylene Pam, She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, and The End are supposed to be played as one continuous song (gapless). iTunes treats them as separate songs. If you play them in order it will be gapless, but if you play it on shuffle you will only hear one of these songs at a time.

If you download the album from a CD you can merge all of these songs together making one long 12 minute song. Now when you put it on shuffle all of these songs will always play together. My question is, if you use iTunes Match and they match your Abey Road album, will these songs be merged on Match as well?

Then just create a playlist instead of shuffling. :)

Or use some external software and merge the songs into one; save it with a new name, and upload it to iTunes match. It will take any music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)