If Cincinnati doesn't like their Bengals, how about moving them to LA?

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
So as I've been reading some posts in the main NFL thread, I've noticed one small thing: Cincinnati apparently isn't a football town. If they were, the Bengals would be selling out their home games this year as the team is actually doing OK/good, but they're not. I don't know if it's the economy that hurting the people more over there than in other places, but to me if your home team is doing good, shouldn't you show your support if you like football. Heck, during the worst years of the Lions during the last decade, they still sold out most of their home games so why can't Cincinnati? Not enough football fans over there? If that's the case, I say move them to a city that I'm sure would love to have a football team again: Los Angeles. To me, isn't it kind of ridiculous for the most popular league in sports not to have a team in America's 2nd most populous city? What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good idea or do you think I'm just going crazy over nothing?

IMHO,

The major Bengals problem is that they have always tried to market to Cincinnati. Particularly after the move of the Colts to Indianapolis. The Reds have always had a marketing them of "Reds Country" with an inner core of not only Cincinnati's metro area, but Lexington's, Dayton's and even Columbus', an outter core of Huntington's, Louisville's and Indianapolis, and a periffery that runs deep into the upper south and far into the midwest. While the Bengals just market to Cincy.

Cincinnati itself is really not that big a place. Smaller than Milwaukee, Salt Lake City, Hartford, Portland, or New Haven.

Further, the stadium is pretty poor. The upper deck is S T E E P and amnity free. And it, like Riverfront before it, is across a 15 lane freeway complex from the city, on a riverbank with NOTHING within walking distance. One bar (belongs to a great guy, but he makes money 10 days a year). Nothing else.

How about moving them to Indianapolis? I've been a Colt hater for almost 50 years, get rid of those bums. I was a Bengals fan from 1967 to 1984. When the Colts came to Indianapolis they knocked the Bengals out as my regional OTA game. I hate the Colts even more because of that. That, and of course the the local bandwagon jumpers. Which by the way have been vacating like rats on a sinking ship. Not many Colts fans in my neck of the woods anymore. Ive been a Bears fan since 1962, believe me, I know about loosing, but I try to watch them every week and bitch when I can't

So as I've been reading some posts in the main NFL thread, I've noticed one small thing: Cincinnati apparently isn't a football town. If they were, the Bengals would be selling out their home games this year as the team is actually doing OK/good, but they're not. I don't know if it's the economy that hurting the people more over there than in other places, but to me if your home team is doing good, shouldn't you show your support if you like football. Heck, during the worst years of the Lions during the last decade, they still sold out most of their home games so why can't Cincinnati? Not enough football fans over there? If that's the case, I say move them to a city that I'm sure would love to have a football team again: Los Angeles. To me, isn't it kind of ridiculous for the most popular league in sports not to have a team in America's 2nd most populous city? What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good idea or do you think I'm just going crazy over nothing?

I think your CRAZY ....

LA has had PLENTY of teams and chances, they have too much to do out there,so the NFL is a side thought, not what it is in other places.

If they were interested, they would support them and teams would not be moving FROM there.

I think your CRAZY ....

LA has had PLENTY of teams and chances, they have too much to do out there,so the NFL is a side thought, not what it is in other places.

If they were interested, they would support them and teams would not be moving FROM there.
I just don't understand why the NFL is still trying to push for a team in LA. it doesn't work.

rey_1178 said:
I just don't understand why the NFL is still trying to push for a team in LA. it doesn't work.

That's why they want to build a new NFL stadium instead off using the college stadiums, they think that will bring the people.

I think that the only team that is the closest to moving to LA are the Chargers,which is sad,because San Diego does support them. They just can't afford to build a new billion dollar "sports palace" for them because of the bad local economy.

It's not. There's other cities much worse off. And besides, that's not much of an excuse. Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo still sell out week in and week out.

With that said, L.A. is an awful football town too.

cybok0 said:
That's why they want to build a new NFL stadium instead off using the college stadiums, they think that will bring the people.

Ya, it'll. Bring people for a short time, then when the newness wears off they will have the same situation as the rest and leave shortly after.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Tickets just cost too much for me to go to a game. I was given tickets to the last game of the season and it will be my first trip to the new stadium.

This is true. The debate about the NFL in Los Angeles is just too complicated to boil down to a convenient internet statement like 'the NFL will never work in LA'.

It's not that simple...especially for outsiders, who don't know LA.

Sandra

Old stadiums aren't the reason fans stay away. Home town loyalty, tradition and a winner is all it takes for most fans to come out and support their local team.

Signed,

The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.

Old stadiums aren't the reason fans stay away. Home town loyalty, tradition and a winner is all it takes for most fans to come out and support their local team.

Signed,

The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.

While your statement is valid, there is no other situation in the NFL...actually in any of the major sports...like Green Bay.

Green Bay is unique. Zero comparison to LA...actually, Green Bay has zero comparison to the rest of the NFL.

Sandra

Tickets just cost too much for me to go to a game. I was given tickets to the last game of the season and it will be my first trip to the new stadium.

I hear ya. This is why I will never be able to go to a Cowboys game unless someone gives me tickets like they did last year when I was able to go. We were up in the nosebleed section where watching the big screen that is at Cowboys Stadium was better than watching the field which looked like little ants, and those tickets had a face value of $75 a piece!

I totally agree since they failed with the Rams,Chargers & the Raiders.

I agree with the Rams and the Chargers (Chargers were in LA for just one year in 1960 before they moved to San Diego). But at least the Raiders won the Super Bowl in '84 while they were in LA. (I know that doesn't guarentee the Bengals will win the SB if they were to move to LA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)