If Directv could improve your experince and keep you for life what would do it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The pricing structures are perceivably the chief problem with every provider of cable television programming. The system is the problem. It's greedy, don't-give-a-s*** programmers with irrelevant yet oversaturated individual numbers of channels for which they have capacity (made possible years ago due to then-brand-new satellite space). And the industry, as a result, is out of touch with most of the United States, which has felt for at least 20 years how the costs of cable television programming subscriptions are outrageous. Cable television programming, which is really television service, is a utility not treated as such.

As for the OP's question about DirecTV, individually as one company which provides cable television programming, having the potential to keep me for life: There is no guarantee of that at all. I still shop to see what is offered by competition. But in answer to the question: I want every channel carried that actually is available in high definition to be made available to subscribers in HD. That will eventually happen, company to company, across the board. And, for the time being, that's the best answer I can offer to the OP.

I agree with fixing the laggy firmware. Sometimes it gets borderline unusable. Still love the 5 tuners though.

Since you asked

What does Directv have to do to guarantee I stay with them for life? Here's my list for right now.

1. Bring back The Weather Channel
2. Make WeatherNation more local. (I think Dtv should keep WN bc TWC needs some competition)
3. Pick up SEC Network, PAC12 Network & any other sports channel that comes along. More sports = me happy
4. Allow me to watch any TV show on my mobile devices anywhere in the USA.
5. Bring back SiriusXM satellite radio channels
6. Pick up The Blaze
7. Pick up GAC-HD, GSN-HD, OXGN-HD, FXM-HD, WE-HD, LOGO-HD, TVGN-HD, MTV2-HD (I want every HD channel available)
8. When offering both east & west coast channels, make both available in HD.
9. Consolidate Cinema channels (125-200) into one OnDemand channel. scrolling thru all those channels is annoying.
10. Reorganize the channels. I want all locals, sports, national news, etc lumped together. Why is CNN on 202 and the rest of the national news channels in the 350's. And why is Fox Sports 2 not right after Fox Sports 1 or close to it? Little stuff like that drives me crazy in the guide.

Here is my top 10 list. Comment away! :)

It is the little things that make the difference sometimes.

1. PPV deals - why in this day and age do you have to jump through the hoops with D* over these? For instance, the current watch 4 get $10 rebate sounds pretty good, but the process is the pits. After you watch at some later point you'll get a coupon to mail in to then wait some more to get the rebate. Utterly ridiculous and irritating.

2. CC auto pay - currently, and for as long as I can remember, DirecTV stands alone as the single company that takes the payment BEFORE you can actually see the bill. With checking draft or debit cards they don't do it, no reason at all to do it with credit cards.

3. The GUI - let's face it, D*'s HDGUI is barely a GUI at all, just a rehash of the old one for the most part. Needs complete rework imo

4. And as another said, make the EHD an addition to the internal drive and tie it to the account, not the receiver. No valid reason to not do this imo.

All that said, there is nothing that would make me not look for the best financial deal for me. Both D* and E* have a room full of bean counters ensuring they are getting the best financial deals for them, why should I do less for me?

I would like to see better loyalty offerings without having to play CSR tag. I've had D for 13 years now, and unless I call and check I never know about any offers. I did like getting the Genie upgrade for free and 2 genie minis for like 100.00 installed last year. But if I had not called about a problem DVR I would never have known I was eligible. Ala carte would nice, but unless the whole industry is forced to it I do not see it happening. right now I have Ultimate, and could get by with Choice except for the fact my kids would mutiny over the loss of sprout and boomerang.

Loyalty rewards are always great and needed. Kind of exist for people that call and get discounts but should be automatic.

My biggest beef with D* is their rules regarding adding receivers, even crappy ones, which trigger new 2 year contracts. There needs to be a difference between paying $200 for that Hr24 which has probably seen 4 homes and gets sent to me vs me getting the HR44 with no money owed from a CSR because I asked nicely for an upgrade. One should have a contract the other should not.

I'd like to see them push to stop SD programming and use that bandwidth for increasing PQ and maybe adding some stations.

I'd like them to invest in their On demand some its pretty ghetto in terms of function at times even with super fast internet (60mbs)

Better packages. I'd like the option to not get ESPN / sports at all as an example.

I would like to see better loyalty offerings without having to play CSR tag. I've had D for 13 years now, and unless I call and check I never know about any offers. I did like getting the Genie upgrade for free and 2 genie minis for like 100.00 installed last year. But if I had not called about a problem DVR I would never have known I was eligible. Ala carte would nice, but unless the whole industry is forced to it I do not see it happening. right now I have Ultimate, and could get by with Choice except for the fact my kids would mutiny over the loss of sprout and boomerang.

Have you signed up for D*'s newsletters online ?
Lots of info available ...

Loyalty rewards are always great and needed. Kind of exist for people that call and get discounts but should be automatic.

My biggest beef with D* is their rules regarding adding receivers, even crappy ones, which trigger new 2 year contracts. There needs to be a difference between paying $200 for that Hr24 which has probably seen 4 homes and gets sent to me vs me getting the HR44 with no money owed from a CSR because I asked nicely for an upgrade. One should have a contract the other should not.

I'd like to see them push to stop SD programming and use that bandwidth for increasing PQ and maybe adding some stations.

I'd like them to invest in their On demand some its pretty ghetto in terms of function at times even with super fast internet (60mbs)

Better packages. I'd like the option to not get ESPN / sports at all as an example.

There should NOT be a commitment for anything AFTER the initial 2 year commitment, if you upgrade or otherwise, you paid your commitment fee for 2 years, if your sticking around, then you obviously are happy enough to do that, so Drop the commitment ...

WHAT LOYALTY discounts ?

You don't get any unless you call in a specifically talk to them about it.

As I mentioned before, you should get a % off according to how long you been with them.

Get rid of the stupid HD Access fee.

They could do that IF everyone was using HD, they would simply include it in your package, however, if they did that now, those with SD only, would also be paying for it, unless they started a HD/SD packaging set up.

They have many paying the HD fee now that they won't want to give back the millions they make from the fee.

Much like when HD was FREE, first year or so, then suddenly it became a fee they could add on to make more revenue.

They could do that IF everyone was using HD, they would simply include it in your package, however, if they did that now, those with SD only, would also be paying for it, unless they started a HD/SD packaging set up.

They have many paying the HD fee now that they won't want to give back the millions they make from the fee.

Much like when HD was FREE, first year or so, then suddenly it became a fee they could add on to make more revenue.

SD is going away in the next 5 years... so you may see that dropped when that happens.

Idea, Stop charging HD Access and instead charge the SD users a "Legacy Equipment Fee". :p

They need incentive to upgrade, charging for HD Access is a incentive NOT to upgrade, if you charge more for legacy SD then there would be a incentive to upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)