If Directv could improve your experince and keep you for life what would do it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My guess eventually. Don't know when! Fiber will take over the suburbs and dish and directv will go the way 4DTV did and the few rural subscribers left holding the last bag will end up paying all their bills through exuberant rates! But, before i make that assumption do we have any reviews on this product (service) yet?:D

My guess eventually. Don't know when! Fiber will take over the suburbs and dish and directv will go the way 4DTV did and the few rural subscribers left holding the last bag will end up paying all their bills through exuberant rates! But, before i make that assumption do we have any reviews on this product (service) yet?:D

I hope not ...
D*'s been around for 20 years now, thats longer than many Cable cos.

Yes, competition is good. But, how will they be able to compete with a gigabit pipe?

I doubt Direct or Dish are really worried at this point.
Fiber to most of the country in the near future is just not going to happen anytime soon.

YES
do we have any members with Google Fiber ? please enlighten us

I hope not ...
D*'s been around for 20 years now, thats longer than many Cable cos.
have had DTV since 1997 but one day if i live long enough will say good-bye one day. they took the life out of my big dish and fiber will do the same to them. by the time they get to most of us joy joy joy

Offer a la carte programming. I'm a 16 year Directv subscriber who just canceled his service due to price increases. It wasn't worth the price to watch the few channels that interest me.

Offer a la carte programming. I'm a 16 year Directv subscriber who just canceled his service due to price increases. It wasn't worth the price to watch the few channels that interest me.

So now you go with another company that will also give you many channels you'll never watch .... it may be cheaper in the beginning, but after the initial discounts, it all shakes out in the end.

So now you go with another company that will also give you many channels you'll never watch .... it may be cheaper in the beginning, but after the initial discounts, it all shakes out in the end.

No... Now I go with my Roku Box which gives me hundreds of channels, netflix, crackle, etc for about 8.00 a month, along with over the air.

No... Now I go with my Roku Box which gives me hundreds of channels, netflix, crackle, etc for about 8.00 a month, along with over the air.
after having one for 2+ months now i see how if one has no addictions to programs offered on the cable systems only getting along just fine with a Roku. have created my own free video music channel, something i have missed for years via VEVO.
yet being a sports nut can't see being without a cable/sat service of some type. this Roku/ online services are just costing me more $ i'm up to over $20 month now and i don't watch much movie wise lol

Hmmm, Roku cost you $8 p/m' then add the Netflix at another $8 p/m, add Amazon Prime while your at it and Hulu and your right back where you were with a Sat or Cable set up.

Get rid of the lease fee plus 2 year agreement. No cable company around here charges an up front fee to aquire equipment. If I do a self install there shold be no agreement added to my account.

I guess for me would be make the manage recordings more easily accessible through shortcut or one button press, and get rid of the darn deleting confirmation message, at the end of each recorded program, and just take me back to live TV, and also the EHD transfer recordings through different receivers on same account, And last but not least, Treat existing customers like new customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Get rid of the lease fee plus 2 year agreement. No cable company around here charges an up front fee to aquire equipment. If I do a self install there shold be no agreement added to my account.

Nope, no upfront fees with Cable .... they just charge you More monthly to cover it.

I guess for me would be make the manage recordings more easily accessible through shortcut or one button press, and get rid of the darn deleting confirmation message, at the end of each recorded program, and just take me back to live TV, and also the EHD transfer recordings through different receivers on same account, And last but not least, Treat existing customers like new customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Actually, I'm glad the Confirm Delete is there, there have been times when I wish it was a straight one button, but I don't mind the confirmation button, just in case I start to screw up and delete something I really didn't want to delete.
Once it's Gone, its GONE.

no fee for just having a Roku

Gotcha ...

Btw, what about the Up front cost of the Roku ?
I don't have one, don't know about the up front cost yet.
Also, people are trying to make all these streaming things out to be free, but they fail to add the cost of the internet to the overall cost as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)