If Dish HD was full rez would you oppose lease options?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
If Dish Network had full resolution on the HD channels then would you be more likely to take the lease option and see it worthwhile or would that not pursuade you to take it (for those that oppose).

I don't make house payments. I don't make car payments. I don't carry a balance on my credit cards. If I want a new receiver and feel I can afford it, I'll buy it. No need to borrow the money from D* through a lease plan!

DJ Rob said:
I would do it. I'm willing to pay for having true HD.
I'm not willing to pay anything for 1280X1080i downressed HD-lite.

:rolleyes: There is no correlation between the question and the answer. Lease option has nothing to do with resolution.

The reason why I post this is that many would have probably opposed this even at full rez but now that they will be in HD-Lite that's a double whammy.

I dont care to own ever again. Not a big fan of shelling out 500-1000 dollars and ME personally wanting something newer 1-2 years later. I think leasing is the way to go no matter what about slightly off full HD.

Gary Murrell said:
I'll lease every receiver they offer if they give me True 1920x1080i HD
-Gary

Hey Gary...I am with you on this. Besides the way equipment is changing and features...I really don't want to invest in yesterdays technology. Bad enough DISH is giving us something between SD and real HD.

spokanellama said:
I don't make house payments. I don't make car payments. I don't carry a balance on my credit cards. If I want a new receiver and feel I can afford it, I'll buy it. No need to borrow the money from D* through a lease plan!

Well, buy one, the receivers are for sale, just not at the special lease price. You can get them from the Dish Store. It seems you got plenty of money.

Last edited:
Stargazer said:
If Dish Network had full resolution on the HD channels then would you be more likely to take the lease option and see it worthwhile or would that not pursuade you to take it (for those that oppose).

at this point, looking at all my options and knowing i want a 1920x1080p screen in the next year or so, i think i would pay double the lease price to get full rez. dont tell dish though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)