if downgrading to hd only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
How do you go about downgrading to HD only when your locals are in SD and 3 of your TVs are SD (522 DVR and a 622 DVR)?

Basically, my 522 would only get my local channels and nothing else.

Dish told me they will not change out my 522 since I was thinking with another hd dvr it should at least downconvert.

Your 522 will still get the MPEG-2 SD channels from the simulcast HD networks, as well as shopping and public interest channels, free preview channels, and channel 101. The 622 will downconvert anything it has access to.

After going to HD only today and checking my upstairs 322 receiver I'm still getting my SD locals thru that receiver along with the rest of the HD channels on that receiver only that their obviously not in HD. The basic package today without HBO, Starz and Max with the locals was around 40 bucks. So it's defintely a lot cheaper vs. paying $110 and not getting any of the premimum channels. In fact the CSR was first trying to talk me out of getting the HD Only and just adding HBO for $120 a month.:rolleyes:

ah so my 522 would still pick up all the SD counterpart of the HD channel lineup?

well so far after the downgrade, 522 still picking up SD versions of the most of the channels, I haven't checked every single one of them yet

as an aside, I wouldn't call it a "downgrade" Personally, I only gained channels to watch. SD channels were practically worthless for me anyway, and I picked up a handful of new HD channels. DishHD was an UPGRADE for me :D

In theory, yes. However, there were several recently added HD channels whose SD counterparts hadn't been enabled as of a few days ago. I don't know if this is still the case.

There are still some (7?) not enabled (Disney, Toon Disney, ESPN News to name a few).

The HD only is a phenomenal deal! My bill is like $41 now including the DVR fee etc. Now that they tossed Voom and added some mainstream programing it was a no brainer for us.

The HD only is a phenomenal deal! My bill is like $41 now including the DVR fee etc. Now that they tossed Voom and added some mainstream programing it was a no brainer for us.
Losing VOOM and gaining some HD-labeled commercial SD channels in return was a big downer for us. Sure hope VOOM comes back to make the HD Only package even better.

With the downgrade to HD only, you still get charged the $5 downgrade fee to make the change, right?

I haven't gotten my first bill since my change, but the CSR didn't say anything about a $5 charge.. grrr....

This is my second day to having HD Only and after understanding it a little bit better there is no excuse for anyone to not have this package. The only channels that I watched but currently not getting is Robin Meade :)aka Headline News, Foxnews aka upskirt:eek:, MSNBC and AMC. I figure these channels will be HD one day so might as well sign up.

There's plenty of excuse for me. I still watch a ton of content that is only available using SD. Until the time where I either change my viewing habits or those channels get changed to HD, I'll be sticking with what I've currently got.

This is my second day to having HD Only and after understanding it a little bit better there is no excuse for anyone to not have this package. The only channels that I watched but currently not getting is Robin Meade :)aka Headline News, Foxnews aka upskirt:eek:, MSNBC and AMC. I figure these channels will be HD one day so might as well sign up.
Do you still get those public interest channels?

With the downgrade to HD only, you still get charged the $5 downgrade fee to make the change, right?

I switched to HD Only from AEP and didn't get charged a downgrading fee. I am saving a ton of money, too!

No RSN's but, at this price, no regrets...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)