If I just terminate my contract early...

dude2 said:
We have local dish dealers who encourage people to drop dish and then go through them and sign up as a new member. One fellow in town just got all new stuff registering his new account as his mother who just died, but had never been a customer and the house is listed in her name still. He has a entire new hd system and listed her cell as the home phone. He is using her cell phone now that she is gone.
The local dealer set this all up for him. How can these guys get by with this and if discovered who gets fined, customer or dealer or both.

Eventually Dish will catch this and charge the retailer back!

First of all you have to leave DISH in good standing for 180 days to be considered for a former customer promotion.

In addition when you cancelled your DISH Network account, not only does it have to be in good standing, but you would have needed to fulfill the origional contract.

If you had service 2 months and then cancelled, forget about ever being able to come back under formers

Wait until the contract runs out, then threaten to switch to DirecTV. They'll work out something to put a smile on your face. That's my experience.

ok, so your sayin if i,ve been hooked up for the last 4 yrs. and whant to upgrade to dvr + hd reciever for what there askin i should just threaten to cancel + they will deal with me?

If your committment period has ended. I actually had given them a cancellation date and had scheduled DirecTV installation. I decided to call again to see what the best deal they could give me was and they transfered me to a woman. The whole reason I wanted to switch is that I wanted a two-tuner DVR and didn't want to have to pay to upgrade. I got upgraded for free.

There's of course, no guarantees, but if you get the right person in the right mood it can work.

I just gave up on them. I dont know what to do besides wait. Im just tired of watching SD on my new plasma, and my 811 hasnt worked for some time because of a switch. It was not the 1st or 2nd time that has happened so i got tired of dealing with it, dont want to wait on another one becuase they can have that crap back.

KDRE said:
I just gave up on them. I dont know what to do besides wait. Im just tired of watching SD on my new plasma, and my 811 hasnt worked for some time because of a switch. It was not the 1st or 2nd time that has happened so i got tired of dealing with it, dont want to wait on another one becuase they can have that crap back.

Signup for the DPP. They have them come out and fix the bad switch.

Even though in my opinion when you are on a lease program they should be responsible for any repairs. But Cheap Ass Charlie Ergan looks at it differently.

dirkleearm said:
If you terminate early the original dealer/retailer really gets hit $$ so hopefully you signed up directly through dish. What is it that you are wanting, maybe you have been given bad information???

I want nothing. My friend just did this with his dealer so he could get the 622 as a new customer and all the benefits. He was under no obligation to a any lease fees. They just would give him the deal a new customer would get so he disconnected.
The dealer then took care of the paperwork and now he has a 622 and all the benefits of a new customer.
Too bad you are forced to cheat to get a deal.

For now i just cancelled my HD service. No use in keeping the cheap 811 around because i dont want it anyhow.

I do not understand. From What you are saying I get that you want an HD DVR. Why are they saying you can not get one. I was 9 months into an 18 month contract when the 622 came out and They were more than happy to upgrade me to the 622 from my 322. Granted I had to pay $300 for the privilege of being able to rent the DVR put I would have had to pay that if I was a new customer also. Are you wanting an upgrade for free or something? You do realise you would not get that as a new customer either

They told me they have no promotion for any of the new boxes to upgrade so they wouldnt let me have it.

If all you want is a 622 it is $199 for either new or existing customers.

If you want the promotions that go with it you CAN put it in your wifes maiden name and her SS# WILL MATCH. Just do as somebody else said and add a 1/2 to the address (or A, B, C, etc) and you must use a different phone #, and whoila- new customer!

Keep in mind though that you will only be able to do this once. Until you move that is! Customers can have more than 1 service address as a new customer. I.E. if you were to move, rather than use dishmover, start a new account at the new address and then cancel your old service....new customer!

I dont care for a promo, I just wanted the equipment and they wouldnt do it. Period. Sounds like a broken record playing, but it went down exactly that way.

I tired whatever avenues I could through Dish and At&T although Im not a customer through them and it was a no go all of the way. Sucks the way they make it work.

KDRE
Please do not take this wrong but what you are saying does not make sense. Answer this questions please.
1) Are you saying you have an 811 that you either own or are leasing and would like to have a 622 DVR?
2) Are you saying you would have no issue with paying the $199 that this upgrade cost?
3) Are you saying you would have no issue with being switched to one of the new HD Metalic programing packages?
If you answer yes to these questions something is wrong and you have either been unfortunate enough to talk to multiple completely clueless CSRs or there is more to your story than you are telling us. People here want to help and I have gone back and reread ever post in this thread and this just does not add up.
DN is actively advertising to get people to upgrade to the new HD boxes so they want you to do this. Is it possible you have not been paying your bill regularly and they are turning you down based on payment history? I do know they will do that but outside of that I just do not get what you are saying.
If I am getting this all wrong could you please state your exact situation EI: how long have you been with DN, What equipment do you have, Is it owned or leased, what programing package do you have, What equipment do you want, what programing do you want, what you expect to pay to get what you want.

I've had Dish since April of 2005, where i got a 625 and an 811 at the time.

I have the America's top 180 package

My bill is current and I'm up to date.

I understand it doesnt make sense. Its what I've been saying all along and Im frustrated as can be. I canceled the HD service I've had since my 2005 install date because of this.

This is why I came here. Trust me, I've given you my entire experience and what they told me.

1. Yes I am (was) leasing an 811

2. I had no issue paying the $199 whatsoever

3. I was more than glad to want to switch over.

I am telling you I called Dish Network and talked to three seperate CSR's.

Both told me I could not get an upgrade at this moment. That I dont qualify at this time. Call back later and check for an upgrade promotion later.
One even told me they usually go around the beginning of the month and they dont like to overschedule installs so they stop after a certain period in the month.

I was told there is no promotion to upgrade at this moment. When asking about turning in my 811 for a 211, they wouldnt do it. They told me I should just purchase equipment if i wanted to be able to view the new HD channels.

I asked specifically if they could do anything to help me, even if I terminated the contract early and I was told NO.

I know it sounds like gibberish but this is exactly what i was told, well the last 2 times, the 1st time the chick that sounded like she was from India told me to try through an independant broker...lol

Now tell me what could I do.

Last edited:
KDRE said:
Am I able to join Dish again within a day or two or three (whichever), as a new sub?

I had Dish in 2000 for 1 year. I hooked up with Dish again about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. They keep excellent records and found me easily. However, they had a promotion for ex Dish customers. I pd. $49.95 and signed a 2 yr. lease contract and got a good deal. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts