If I own the 211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

record_breaker2004

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
If I buy a new vip211 from say ,Dishstore, and have it activated on my account (I have an 811 also)there should be no lease fee, but what about the enabling fee of$6.00 if I dont upgrade to the $20.00 HD pak?CSR says I would pay both.
Thanks

if you own it... its not a "lease" fee. Its an "additional reciever" fee. and then the HD enabling fee if you dont have the HD pack

The only advantage to buying is not having to have an installer come to your house. I have heard too many horror stories from friends in my area about their houses being trashed by sub-par installers. I think they are requiring installers for leased HD boxes.

Can you get the same lease deals from local dealers, or do you have to call E* directly if you are an existing sub? My main problem is with the idiots E* sends out if you call them directly.

Can you get the same lease deals from local dealers, or do you have to call E* directly if you are an existing sub? My main problem is with the idiots E* sends out if you call them directly.
When I log into the 2 accounts online I have with Dish, I get various deals from them. On one (maybe both), I remember there are two options, one to get an upgrade and have it installed, and the second option is to have Dish send you the upgraded receivers for you to install.

Guess they probably won't send you an additional dish. Both choices are the same price. :D

The only advantage to buying is not having to have an installer come to your house. I have heard too many horror stories from friends in my area about their houses being trashed by sub-par installers. I think they are requiring installers for leased HD boxes.

I originally installed my system when I first hooked up with dish(6 years ago).
Had dish do the dish mover thing a year ago when I bought my first house.
Was a little nervous about it , but I have to commend dish for the guy they sent out to do the job. I'm particular and I still admire how the guy dotted every i and crossed all the t's on the installation, pretty much the way I'd a done it.:up

to do the existing customer deals you can go through a local retailer most of the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)