If I purchase a 622 on eBay...

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have a 622, but want to add a 2nd one. I have found several recently on eBay and am just wondering if it is as simple as purchase and connect. Is there anything I need to be concerned about? Will I be able to simply connect and call Dish to activate? Will there be any hidden fees?

I bought my 722 on ebay...Just make sure that the seller provides you with the roo/soo numbers so that you can call E* to verify that it's clean. Also buy from somebody with outstanding feedback...Plug it in...call Dish...Activate.

You will still have the same fees as a leased 622 - "additional receiver fee", "DVR fee" and if you don't have a phone line plugged in to it, another fee for that.

Called yesterday to Dish because I am wanting to do the same thing, have a 622 but want another HD DVR. They told me that I could sign up for a new 2 year agreement, pay NOTHING up front, and they will provide me an additional 622 with professional installation. The CSR said it was some special they started running last week.

Anthony

The two yr. hook is a rip off. They should send you one without the agreement. I would go on line and check with csr on-line.

The two yr. hook is a rip off. They should send you one without the agreement. I would go on line and check with csr on-line.
You expect them to want nothing for a free additional receiver? That's not the way of the world...nor should it be.

I think I see where mikenewy is coming from. IMHO there should be no commitment if the equipment is leased. Let's call this the "cable TV model".

Contrariwise, if the equipment is subsidized, and after the commitment you own it, then that commitment is reasonable to protect the provider and allow him to recoup his investment. Let's call that the "cell phone model."

But the Dish model is to lock you into a long contract and keep all their equipment as well. I agree with mikenewy if this is what he meant. The 2-yr commitment for leased receivers is a rip off.

Checked on the automated online purchase, and for the same deal I would owe $200 up front! And my total bill (before taxes) was listed $5 more per month than quoted on the phone. Maybe the $5 savings came from my Dish/Windstream bundle that I have?

I snapped up the 622 when it was first offerred a couple of years ago, which was only available as a lease back then if I remember correctly. I had to pay $199 for the honor of leasing back then, so getting a free 622 (why a 622 and not a 722?) for a two year committment sounds wonderful to me! My only other choice would be DirecTV since my Windstream cable is a joke and I can't receive any OTA stations. I've looked into DirecTV, but pricing still seems to be with Dish for what I want.

Anthony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts