If I were Charlie...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I will take it a little step further and add UHD, CinemxHD, ESPN2HD & STARZHD. This will be the icing on the cake and will put a big whole on Cable Companies and D* (as far as HD is concerned).

Well, Charlie has proved he's smater than all of us. As your sig says, he'll do it when it makes financial sense to E*.

Sean Mota said:
I will take it a little step further and add UHD, CinemxHD, ESPN2HD & STARZHD. This will be the icing on the cake and will put a big whole on Cable Companies and D* (as far as HD is concerned).
Sounds like 14 to me (although the retailer mail listed other channels).

So, how much does Charlie have to apologize for lying about when new HD was coming? Sure seems like he was sandbagging everyone. :D

JL

Guys,

this is huge for E*. E* is gambling that it will bring them more HD customers from Cable or D*. Cable will have a very hard time catching up to E* and D* may catch up but not for at least another month or two (according to the rumors). Just because D* says that they will get them in 1-2 months does not necessarily mean that they will. If I reading this correctly, E* and Dolan thought about the benefits of doing this venture together. E* benefits by putting themselves in the front of the HD arena. Dolan on the other hand gets to play hardball with Cable and D* if they want the channels. In the mean time, E* gets exclusivity until D* agrees on a price which I will not be surprised if it is more than what E* is paying.

Sean Mota said:
...In the mean time, E* gets exclusivity until D* agrees on a price which I will not be surprised if it is more than what E* is paying.
I'd be pretty surprised if Cablevision doesn't get this package soon too. :D

justalurker said:
So, how much does Charlie have to apologize for lying about when new HD was coming? Sure seems like he was sandbagging everyone. :D

JL

It's all just one big poker game to him :D

Yes, I agree. However, the question is: Does CVC has bandwith available? If they do, those channels will be on CVC. I can't see Sr. Dolan competing against himself. However, if Sr. Dolan has no interest on CVC, he may sell CVC and spin-off the Rainbow Media business.

Sean Mota said:
Yes, I agree. However, the question is: Does CVC has bandwith available? If they do, those channels will be on CVC. I can't see Sr. Dolan competing against himself. However, if Sr. Dolan has no interest on CVC, he may sell CVC and spin-off the Rainbow Media business.
You're assuming that C. Dolan is running the show. What if all this Rainbow activity is J. Dolan asserting himself?

mdonnelly said:
You're assuming that C. Dolan is running the show. What if all this Rainbow activity is J. Dolan asserting himself?

J. Dolan has very little to do with Rainbow Media. He is more into the CVC and Knicks/MSG stuff. Sr. Dolan has always been behind Rainbow Media.

gpflepsen said:
They're saving that for 129 and MPEG4.

A little carrot, ya know?

I really have doubts that Dish can use 129 W for CONUS programming. The elevation angles are very low for folks in the Northeast especially up in New England.

That slot would be handy to launch the rest of the locals (particularly if they can get a spotbeam satellite there).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)