July 1st on track for increased HD OTA signal

Harry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Las Cruces, NM
July 1st is the deadline for local stations to broadcast their DTV/HD signals at the same or stronger than their analog signal. The good news is it does not look like there will be another delay so our OTA reception should get a lot better soon.

I asked a local station yesterday about when they would start transmitting program guide info on their DTV signal. I asked another when they would be increasing their signal so I could receive it.

Both responded:

CBS Affiliate:
"Our corporate office is in the process
of installing our PSIP equipment right now. It should be online by May 1st,
but give us a little more time to make sure!

Your picture should be getting even better by July 1st as we will be
broadcasting in full power in HD instead of the current low power signal."

The NBC Affiliate (I didn't save the reply) said they were currently installing new DTV/HD transmitters and antenna's to boost the signal by July 1st.

This should be interesting. My buddy has an antenna on his house and he can pull in the Analog signals but not the HD ones. Is the LA market broadcasting at equal strength at this time?

CWS_kahuna said:
This should be interesting. My buddy has an antenna on his house and he can pull in the Analog signals but not the HD ones. Is the LA market broadcasting at equal strength at this time?

Doubtful since he can analog and not DTV. I currently have to run an amplifier to get the signals I get now. He might try using one. If he does, make sure it handles the correct DTV frequencies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts