If recording, will caller id be recorded?

dennispap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 9, 2007
Hammond, La.
Now I have my caller id off. If i turn it on and someone calls while i am recording, will the info be recorded onto the program, or does it only show up on the tv screen?Thanks.

dennispap,

As the others have said, it is not recorded onto the video stream saved to the hard disk. It would be saved to an external recorder like a vcr, dvd recorder, or Tivo.

The receiver does store 25 or more caller IDs in the Caller ID history. It only takes 3 or 4 keystrokes to review them.

Miner

Thanks to all, I should have said onto the 722 hard drive. I turned on the caller id today, was recording and of course the phone rang:D.
You all are correct, the id info wasnt on the recorded show. Thanks again:)

It does not record b/c it is not in the video stream. The Caller ID is part on the onscreen overlay which would not record except to an external recording device like a VCR.

It's show in different plane, there are five of them and stream video (from sat or disk) is deepest, mouse pointer on top; banners, etc on middle planes before combining into video buffer and convert to video output (S-Video, component or HDMI/DVI).

Well ok, wife recorded Bullit chase scene for me on the 622. Later was copying it to a DVD recorder, phone rang and caller ID (or whatever) showed up on the tv screen. Played back the 10 minute chase scene, and there was the caller ID on the DVD.

Is that supposed to happen?

Yes, if you are copying to a DVD recorder anything on the screen will be copied. The screen overlays, i.e. caller ID info, program info, etc are not copied to the hard drive. When you play a recording back from the hard drive you will not see anything that was displayed during the original recording. You will however record any overlay info that displays on the screen if you are copying output from the box to a DVD recorder/VCR or whatever. You would need to disable caller ID or unplug your phone line to keep this from happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)