If we don't complain they won't fix it!

GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
521
0
Bay Area
Look last night Rave HD, and Showtime HD west were just unwatchable, so I post here and over at yahoo to get Wilt's attention. I get several responses here, where folks see the same exact thing. Over there I get one response saying they see it, one saying they haven't watched Rave lately, but they know the picture to be great, and one saying VOOM has a better picture than Comcast cable? What the *&!!@ kind of response are those? C'mon we have one guy who obviously checked and saw the problem, and helped me by replying they saw it, and hopefully get Wilt's attention on the matter. But then you have a couple of local idiots that doesn't even check to see if he has a problem with Rave, and decide just to stick up for VOOM. Look, I am all for backing VOOM, as I want to see them succeed too, but if there are problems you see folks, do not hesitate to post over at Yahoo, call VOOM, or do what ever it takes to get there attention, to let them know, we will not stand for inferior PQ! We are paying for a service they provide. And I agreed to pay for that service, because I saw a great picture, with minimal picture issues. Now I am getting problems just about every day with at least one or more channels. When folks do post some problem, please do not reply, you don't see it, without giving the channel in question a good look. Just flipping to the channel for a few seconds might not be enough time to see the problem. If you don't have the time to spend 5 minutes or so to check out the problem, don't even bother replying. We need good honest info on these problems to help VOOM help us people. It doesn't help when trouble posts become an argument between those who do see it, and those who don't. Fact is there are problems with VOOM at the moment, and without these complaints THEY WON'T FIX IT! Again I want to see VOOM succeed just like the rest of you, but I will not turn a blind eye to problems I definitely see!
 
LOBO2999

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 1, 2004
823
0
Cumming, GA
GeneWildershair , these nothing wrong with the picture, lol. Just kidding dont get upset I have see it as well but I only watch a few channel but I have also seen it on Monster HD, not anywear as bad on Rave , also in another thread I ask if Voom new about the problem and if they did ,were they working on it? Hey can you give me link to the yahoo group and I will go over there.


Thanks
 
GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
521
0
Bay Area
LOBO2999 said:
GeneWildershair , these nothing wrong with the picture, lol. Just kidding dont get upset I have see it as well but I only watch a few channel but I have also seen it on Monster HD, not anywear as bad on Rave , also in another thread I ask if Voom new about the problem and if they did ,were they working on it? Hey can you give me link to the yahoo group and I will go over there.


Thanks

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/
 
compurocker

compurocker

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 25, 2004
70
0
Aurora, IL
I totally agree. We need to make the problems known so they can fix them. It's definitely important to make it known if you are honestly not seeing the problem because that can certainly help them narrow it down. But if people are saying they don't have the problem without even checking, that's not helpful at all. And these pissing matches between fanboys and haters doesn't help either. I think it's quite plausible to be able to give an honest answer of whether you are experiencing the problem or not without being biased because you love or hate VOOM.
 
T

TheHammer69

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
GeneWildershair said:
Look last night Rave HD, and Showtime HD west were just unwatchable, so I post here and over at yahoo to get Wilt's attention. I get several responses here, where folks see the same exact thing. Over there I get one response saying they see it, one saying they haven't watched Rave lately, but they know the picture to be great, and one saying VOOM has a better picture than Comcast cable? What the *&!!@ kind of response are those? C'mon we have one guy who obviously checked and saw the problem, and helped me by replying they saw it, and hopefully get Wilt's attention on the matter. But then you have a couple of local idiots that doesn't even check to see if he has a problem with Rave, and decide just to stick up for VOOM. Look, I am all for backing VOOM, as I want to see them succeed too, but if there are problems you see folks, do not hesitate to post over at Yahoo, call VOOM, or do what ever it takes to get there attention, to let them know, we will not stand for inferior PQ! We are paying for a service they provide. And I agreed to pay for that service, because I saw a great picture, with minimal picture issues. Now I am getting problems just about every day with at least one or more channels. When folks do post some problem, please do not reply, you don't see it, without giving the channel in question a good look. Just flipping to the channel for a few seconds might not be enough time to see the problem. If you don't have the time to spend 5 minutes or so to check out the problem, don't even bother replying. We need good honest info on these problems to help VOOM help us people. It doesn't help when trouble posts become an argument between those who do see it, and those who don't. Fact is there are problems with VOOM at the moment, and without these complaints THEY WON'T FIX IT! Again I want to see VOOM succeed just like the rest of you, but I will not turn a blind eye to problems I definitely see!

Just for you Gene, I posted in the yahoo group forum and set the record straight to the guy who claims "friends with comcast have crappy HD. and Voom is like totally awesome" :) I really think that some people refuse to pull the blinders from their eyes because they want something to great. I'm 100% in support of Voom but their PQ loss needs to be fixed. I didn't come to Voom to have a million channels like all the other providers out there, I came to Voom for the HD content and it sucks that they can't bring it to us as good as it should be. I'd gladly ditch the majority of the SD channels to bring compression free HD to our sets. I'd leave the 500 channel packages to the other PQ butchers out there.

Hammer
 
GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
521
0
Bay Area
Thanks guys. That's all I really ask, just honest, helpful posts, and replies, when it comes to these issues. And to the folks out there that really put the time into checking into these problems, that honestly don't see a problem, then that's fine they should stay honest and post just that. I really appreciate all of you who do look into these issues that may come up in this forum.
 
wasch_24

wasch_24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
1,073
0
Nothern Virginia, D.C. Area
Do you guys know why we have to go and post on Yahoo inorder to get anyone at Voom's attention? This site is much more user friendly IMO. You are right though GWH, folks need to make an effort to check for these things because there are some seriously wrong things happening with the PQ. It all started recently, like in the past couple of weeks.
 
DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
4,298
0
Salem, OR
Submitting anything on the Voom website is like talking to a brick wall.

Unfortunately, with my pj out of commission, I will be watching very little TV the next 2 weeks, but I will try to tune in on my old 27" and see if I can see any glitches.
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,689
20,240
Newington, CT
Cablevision is here most of the day, they seem to read each and every post. I really don't understand why they don't post here eaither. But at least they are reading. :)

Anyways I don't consider these trouble reports as complaints, I consider these bug reports as attempts to help VOOM improve their service.

A person who complaigns is not someone who helps fix a bug, instead that is a user who just get's fed up and cancels the service.

Thank you to everyone from providing VOOM soome valuable feedbac, I am sure they appreciate it.
 
E

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
573
0
L.A. CA
TheHammer69 said:
Just for you Gene, I posted in the yahoo group forum and set the record straight to the guy who claims "friends with comcast have crappy HD. and Voom is like totally awesome" :) I really think that some people refuse to pull the blinders from their eyes because they want something to great. I'm 100% in support of Voom but their PQ loss needs to be fixed. I didn't come to Voom to have a million channels like all the other providers out there, I came to Voom for the HD content and it sucks that they can't bring it to us as good as it should be. I'd gladly ditch the majority of the SD channels to bring compression free HD to our sets. I'd leave the 500 channel packages to the other PQ butchers out there.

Hammer
Hammer-you couldn't be more right-it seemed for a while there that Gene and I were the among the "chosen" few who were willing to admit that Voom's Pq is horrible lately on many popular channels-we are being told that "decoder" or "encoder" upgrades are to blame, but that has been the story for weeks upon weeks now-STOP CHARGING US VOOM IF THE SERVICE IS NOT BE OFFERED THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO-PRORATE OR USE CREDITS, SOMETHING-IT JUST FEELS HORRIBLE PAYING FULL PRICE FOR HALF-ASS PQ RIGHT NOW!!!!!
 
A

andrzej

Board Certified User
Supporting Founder
Feb 18, 2004
690
0
Boston subs
eschu97611 said:
Hammer-you couldn't be more right-it seemed for a while there that Gene and I were the among the "chosen" few who were willing to admit that Voom's Pq is horrible lately on many popular channels-we are being told that "decoder" or "encoder" upgrades are to blame, but that has been the story for weeks upon weeks now-STOP CHARGING US VOOM IF THE SERVICE IS NOT BE OFFERED THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO-PRORATE OR USE CREDITS, SOMETHING-IT JUST FEELS HORRIBLE PAYING FULL PRICE FOR HALF-ASS PQ RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I can hear you well even when you don't shout with all caps and multiple exclamation points. Please, don't use all caps to make your point. Spare my eyes.
 
E

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
573
0
L.A. CA
andrzej said:
I can hear you well even when you don't shout with all caps and multiple exclamation points. Please, don't use all caps to make your point. Spare my eyes.
Yes TEACHER-shhhhhhhhhhh
 
E

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
573
0
L.A. CA
andrzej said:
I can hear you well even when you don't shout with all caps and multiple exclamation points. Please, don't use all caps to make your point. Spare my eyes.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-oops soRRY
 
O

owlbox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 18, 2004
223
0
MA
pixelation

Just got installed on 4/7 and haven't watched a lot of channels but tonight Bravo HD (Cirque du Soleil) is heavily distorted as well as HBO HD (Britney)
Tons of fine pixelation that comes and goes. Very annoying! :mad:
 
T

tattootearz

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 23, 2004
57
0
AMEN to this thread... and the person who started it!
 
E

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
573
0
L.A. CA
tattootearz said:
AMEN to this thread... and the person who started it!
The question is....will Voom take notice and act before its service begins hemoraging customers?
 
slick1ru2

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 29, 2004
626
21
The South
owlbox said:
Just got installed on 4/7 and haven't watched a lot of channels but tonight Bravo HD (Cirque du Soleil) is heavily distorted as well as HBO HD (Britney)
Tons of fine pixelation that comes and goes. Very annoying! :mad:


Britney was on Showtime. I just tuned in for a second to watch her on Showtime West and its pixelating every few seconds. Unwatchable garbage feed! Who at Voom QAs the feed? Come ON!
 
R

rexoverbey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 8, 2004
246
0
When your HDTV picture is all pixelated it is embarrassing to show your friends/family what an HD signal looks like. Subscribers are the main advertisement to the rest of the world. Voom is starting to be known for such horror stories, so who will subscribe in the future. These problems need to be resolved immediately. I feel that Voom executives need to explain to everyone in this forum what is being done. And then give an "accurate timeline" of when it will be fixed. This isn't like when they will add service or channels. These are technical issues which nobody who uses Voom as entertainment wants to deal with. Again Voom please expalin, give timeline, then fix.
 
GeneWildershair

GeneWildershair

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 28, 2004
521
0
Bay Area
slick1ru2 said:
Britney was on Showtime. I just tuned in for a second to watch her on Showtime West and its pixelating every few seconds. Unwatchable garbage feed! Who at Voom QAs the feed? Come ON!

The same thing that happens when Britney's concert is shown happens with every other movie, or program shown on that channel. It's just takes quick movements by characters on screen to really notice it. But yeah, Britney's concert is a great example of the problem facing ShowHDwest, and those who don't see the problem should check that out when it plays again, I am sure they will see it then.
 

Similar threads

6
Replies
30
Views
4K
The Stone Man
The Stone Man
U
Replies
13
Views
2K
Underdog
U
B
Replies
0
Views
872
barth2k
B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top