If you are not going to IPTV, what will you miss?

Which TV channels will you miss most?

• Angel 1 and 2

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • KTV (Kids)

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • TVU and/or Spirit and/or Gospel Music Television

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • GTN (Guardian)

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Faith TV

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • TBN (Trinity)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Safe TV

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Cornerstone

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • TLN (Totall Living)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Liberty Channel

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

jashobeam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
If you are going to leave SA when they stop transmission to satellite, what channels and shows are you going to miss the most?

For our home it will be:

Channels:
Liberty Channel
KTV
Cornerstone

Shows for the whole family:
Creation Discoveries
Origins
At Home With Arlene
Bananas
Xtreme Mysteries
Encounters With The Unexplained
Doc (we just got interested in this, but are not huge fans)

Kids shows:
Buzz and Poppy
Dooley
Superbook & Flying House & Davey and Goliath
Gerbert
Faithville, Miss Charity's Diner & Adventures in Dry Gulch
Bugtime Adventures
BJ Bear
Lil' Gaither
Critter Time
ABS Kingsley's Meadow
Becky's Barn
ImagineLand
Tales of Waterville
The Swamp Critters of Lost Lagoon
Just Kids
My Bedbugs

Specials:
Answers In Genesis
Anything to do with TRBC and LU
Best of the Doves
MovieGuide

There are others we used to watch like ACLJ this week, Travel the Road and The Right side with Armstrong Williams, that we have not watched in forever. Out of the kids shows there are a lot that really teach Bible lessons and have gotten through to our child. I don't want to suddenly switch her to all or mostly secular kids shows. At least we have a large VeggieTales collection.

My vote is "Worship" 9732 - add it to the poll please.

I Thought about adding it to the pole, but there is no room left, unless I delete something else....however I agree with you on that one.:)

late nite daystar and other networks have worship.net on. i work 3pm to 11pm and watch glorystar now late nite what a blessing. :):):)
god bless
john

With the DVR available from Glorystar, it is quite easy to watch whatever you want regardless of your schedule and that of the TV programming.

I'm not going. I will miss SA but I will still have Dish for secular programming but I am not adding another satellite system nor am I going to add an internet box for other programming. I am hoping Dish can and will add such things as Worship.

My neighbor has Glorystar I need to look and see what that have on that.

Here is there list:

Glorystar Channels Lineup - Christian Satellite Television

I believe only TWO Sky Angel channels are on Glorystar- 3ABN and TBN. The only Glorystar channels we would watch are:

TBN
Daystar
Smile of a Child
JCTV
GCNTV
GLC

That's just not enough channels to make a switch to Glorystar worthwhile for us. Dish 200 has Daystar, TBN and Angel One along with 197 other channels. I understand Glorystar is not pay after you get setup, but for us it's better to pay and get the other channels (news, history, etc.) than to have only 6 channels to watch.

None should have been a choice. :)

I am not as compelled to the content as I had been when I started about a decade ago.

Brad

the new gospel music channel on 9717 is very good!
i will miss that one the most,but have hope dish network will pick it.

that and the angel 2 special programs i will miss

It appears to be on Verizon Fios, though I only looked at the channel description last night. I am finding I barely even have enough time to watch the few HD shows I find interesting. HD (something SkyAngel was not headed for) does appear to be compelling once you start watching it.

Brad

I aleady went with Glorystar package... I powerscaned and got about 260 channels, then cut that back and sorted so I have 16 I watch regularly about 15-20 more I flip through occasionaly and a total of 160 I left on so I can flip through if I want to. I enjoy Russia Today, plus several on the Glorystar list.

I will MISS the monthly bill ---NOT---!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts