if you cant get locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
we wanna know
post only if you cant get locals
what is your dma, and are they true locals not brought in from somplace else
reason? i wanna see if dish has as many dmas as they say
i'll update the list periodically as people chime in

Salsibury, MD DMA - No locals

your market is the ONLY one that Dish does not have the SD "locals" in and you have just the imported ones

That is per thelist at the top
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnall&sub=true&sort=NUMBER&order=

The closest other one is Greenwood/Greenville, MS
They do not have the local CBS & Fox (subchannel) yet
ABC & PBS are in the market and available
NBC is imported

otherwise the rest of the US has the "Big 4" in SD...obviously not everyone has them in HD ;)

your market is the ONLY one that Dish does not have the SD "locals" in and you have just the imported ones

That is per thelist at the top
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dnall&sub=true&sort=NUMBER&order=

The closest other one is Greenwood/Greenville, MS
They do not have the local CBS & Fox (subchannel) yet
ABC & PBS are in the market and available
NBC is imported

otherwise the rest of the US has the "Big 4" in SD...obviously not everyone has them in HD ;)

im just trying to verify, per another thread, several people were wondering

on the list if you start at 6200 that seems to be where the new SD locals were put

Just checking the ones that I see in red are
WABG & WABG Fox (Greenville, MS)
The 3 in Salisbury

There are some "fill in" locals not available but for those customers their locals are available

If an agreement cant be made (Which it seems to be the case) for the Salisbury DMA, Can Dish legally import FOX, CBS, and ABC based on the new STELA law - or are there still some court issues to be worked out before this can happen?

If an agreement cant be made (Which it seems to be the case) for the Salisbury DMA, Can Dish legally import FOX, CBS, and ABC based on the new STELA law - or are there still some court issues to be worked out before this can happen?

no. The only way they can import a neighboring local is if there is not one in the DMA.
If there is a retransmission agreement issue that does not allow them to import one

I've been trying to abstain from the discussions of WBOC, but I find it ironic that here they are w/ their chance to get onto at least one satellite system, given the letter they have on their website, and yet they can't agree to an offer? One would think that as much as they run the "Charlie" commercial about "free TV" (the one with what looks like a 1952 set top bow tie antenna) that say people don't have to pay for locals, now they're holding out for $$ so people can be charged more for locals...

Sorry, just don't understand those folks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts