If you could go one place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
If you could go and visit one place or landmark in this world were would it be?

Mine would be to visit the Great Pyramid of Giza. I have always like Egyptian history and I would just love to go and see all of the great history that was left behind.

This is a very large place, but the United Kingdom - England, Ireland, Scotland. I've been to London, but that's it. I really want to go back! I love the old castles, the legends, the royalty. I would love to hear bagpipes in Scotland. And I want to see Stonehenge.

This is a very large place, but the United Kingdom - England, Ireland, Scotland. I've been to London, but that's it. I really want to go back! I love the old castles, the legends, the royalty. I would love to hear bagpipes in Scotland. And I want to see Stonehenge.

I love the UK too. Been there many times, and not just on the Navy plan. But forget Stonehenge. Been there. Twice. Major disappointment. Might be worth it if there's a ceremony going on. But it's almost universally a let down. And so conveniently located right next to a major highway. Honestly, seeing some people thatching a roof near there, and learning about the process, was far more interesting than the stones.

Now, VENICE! Been there a few times, too. And will definitely be going back again. Don't go in the rainy season. Carnival, if you can swing it. And Florence! Eat like a pig, you'll regret it if you don't. NEVER had a bad meal anywhere in Italy. The gelato alone can put you in your grave - with a smile on your face!

Although I've been there many times, Bavaria... Beautiful area, beautiful people, wonderful beer and food.

Thank you. Might make it to Germany one day. If we're welcome.

Mine would be The Great Wall of China.I've already crossed off #s 10,9,8 & 7 on my list of my places to visit. (Sydney Australia,The Great Barrier Reef,Paris France & Munich Germany's Hofbrau Haus.)

This may sound goofy but I got a couple places I'd like to visit

-The backwoods of Montana. Talked with folks from there and they say its so peaceful
-Alaska

I dont fly so Montana may sound more reasonable ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts