If you could "move" to anywhere in the US and get any market you wanted, what would it be?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
For me, New York City. Second choice: Los Angeles. Third choice: Chicago. Yes I'd like to have those big markets.

Chicago locals hands down for me....Back in the days they had all 3 citys

I'm grandfathered for LA & NY, love them, but had the Denver 5 way back when with C-Band and loved those and the Primetime 24 channels which included NY... my so called locals are 300 miles and a whole galaxy away as far as news, culture etc.
I also had this back in the C-Band days, it was nice to be able to time shift, Denver was fun to have as well, however, you had to also have an antenna to get your OWN local news.

That's just it Albuquerque really doesn't cover us well, El Paso, Lubbock or Odessa/Midland are closer and more in our region... (used to have El Paso & Lubbock stations for awhile after Roswell & our one local sold out, much better).

lets see
Anchorage or Fairbanks Alaska. Why? Why the hell not. Had Anchorage on C-Band but in SD only. And to have prime time start at 10:00 Central time
and Glendive, MT (even though D* doesnt carry it)? Why? To say I am in market 210 out of 210 :)

Be kinda cool to actually live somewhere near border states. Then you get multiple state coverage. Great example is Plevna, MT. Translator system there OTA
CBS & NBC from Glendive, MT
NBC, FOX and Me from Williston, ND
Montana PBS and subs
North Dakota PBS and subs
FOX from Rapid City, SD
ABC, Me and This from Rapid City, SD

The only reason I "moved" recently was to get a solid picture on a distant station (KEYC) for the local polka show (Bandwagon) and the occasional CBS game that Minneapolis had to "black out" due to Vikes beinig at home.

Other than that, network programming is network programming to me. Be it from LA, NY, Minneapolis, Presque Isle Maine, Missoula Montana or anywhere else

I'm pretty fine with my locals... although I'm not a big sports fan... I could really care less as long as I still get the big four. I do wish dtv would add more subnets however.

Bhm, Alabama to watch James spann and company and JP dice during severe weather outbreaks. Also move to okc, ok for the same purpose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)