If you don't have Voom Get it now!

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
For those of you Dish subscribers who don't think voom is "worth" the upgrade, or D* subs who don't think its worth the switch, rest assured...your wrong. I just upgraded to Dish from D* and I couldn't be happier, I am honestly addicted to these channels! I was sceptical at first but now I have no regrets. I cant stop watching GamePlay HD and when I do its to watch either Monsters, Rave or Animania. All of the Voom channels have surprisingly good HD programing you really, really get what you pay for...and best of all, no commercials.

Last edited:
stellar832000 said:
For those of you Dish subscribers who don't think voom is "worth" the upgrade, or D* subs who don't think its worth the switch, rest assured...your wrong. I just upgraded to Dish from D* and I couldn't be happier, I am honestly addicted to these channels! I was sceptical at first but now I have no regrets. I cant stop watching GamePlay HD and when I do its to watch either Monsters, Rave or Animania. All of the Voom channels have surprisingly good HD programing you really. really get what you pay for...and best of all, no commercials.

I just got it and the one channel I love to watch is the world sport or in other words spanish soccer. Also the game HD channel is good and I also like the snow sports that are always on!

The only stations I don't ever watch are the art ones because those are just borning... I think Voom put them on there just becasue they are in HD. Well just because it's in HD does not mean anyone is going to wath it...

Ultra HD can be ok as they sometimes show swimsuit models, my friends and I tried watching Gallery HD and nearly fell asleep, we tuned in just as they were analyzing a painting...just weird.

Voom is nowhere near as good as it used to be...gone are Majestic, GuyTV, and DivineHD channels...instead we got that stupid kungfu crap...

Everyone feels this way during the first couple weeks, but then they realize there's nothing left to be viewed any more.

I used to love watching the 12 minute HDNews casts, but now 12 minutes seems to long for me to sit through

It is all a matter of taste. Since January they have been adding more new programming than INHD1 and INHD2 combined. It is all a matter of preference. I love to watch the Gallery HD and Ultra HD. I watch Rave only a few concerts since I do not like popular music as much. Filmfest and Monsters are at the top of my list. Kung Fu hd is very good for all the Samurai Japanese flicks which are very different and good filmmaking if you are tired of the Hollywood film. So for everyone there is different stuff to watch. WorldCinema is a must have for me since I love foreign film so much. I do not have WorldCinema yet but I will soon.

I've been watching the Bruce Lee flicks on the kung-fu channel. Very cool. Besides those, you're right, the kung-fu channel is pretty useless. Now if they start playing some of the old school kung fu flicks they used to play on Saturdays that would be sweet.

I thought, I would never watch the KungFu channel, but now it is a channel I always check to visually see whats on. If its over the past 4 or 5 years from China, its great. Plots, photography, story line, everything. I watched one, all subtitled, the other night, can't think of the name---it B---------------, all I can think of is Battafuko and I no that's wrong, it was super. I haven't even started watching Equater or Rush and I know that they should be 2 of my favorite channels. Voom is well worth the money.

I like this original poster's enthusiasm. But until I see the "old guys" from the VOOM DBS threads jumping up and down about how great VOOM is again, I am not buying. The last I heard there are still too many repeats, and the rez ain't what it used to was.

I will wait until VOOM is as good or better than the old VOOM DBS.

1080iBeVuMin.. NOT !

It all depends on personal taste and preferences. As a new subsriber to Voom ( about two months), I like Gallery and Ultra best, then Equator. I've never watched Rave and Rush, but I would never say they are useless because they may be favorites of others'.

I've been a sub of VOOM since last July and still like it a lot.

I do watch Gallery and Equator, but not Ultra or Rave.

I too wish I could trade Kung Fu for Guy TV. That was a terrible trade in my book. I watched Guy at least 5 times as much as I watch Kung Fu.

Sean Mota said:
It is all a matter of taste. Since January they have been adding more new programming than INHD1 and INHD2 combined.

So it took until this January for 15 channels to match the content of 2? That's not what we lay people call encouraging.

I had a D* HD tech try to tell me Sunday that the V* pack was no good and that soon D* would have 150 HD channels... :D... (after telling me I was no longer eligible for HD Dns stations) I did not argue the fact that the 150 channels were locals that No one would be eligible for all of ;)

dfergie said:
I had a D* HD tech try to tell me Sunday that the V* pack was no good and that soon D* would have 150 HD channels... :D... (after telling me I was no longer eligible for HD Dns stations) I did not argue the fact that the 150 channels were locals that No one would be eligible for all of ;)
I used to counter this argument by telling everyone VOOM DBS offered over 1000 HD channels...once you factored in all the HD locals people were receiving with their VOOM supplied/installed over-the-air antenna.:rolleyes:

I'm hooked on GamePlay-HD.

I'm even thinking about building a gaming PC just so I can play some of these new games out.

F.E.A.R. and Ghost Recon look kewl. I may never sleep again! :p

GeorgeLV said:
So it took until this January for 15 channels to match the content of 2? That's not what we lay people call encouraging.

Well if you were a previous VOOM customer, the new content before January 2006 after transfering to Dish Network was very small. If you happen to be a existing dish network customer or new one and never had Voom before the content was brand new to you. When VOOM DBS was around, VOOM provided lots of new content every month. Right now (since January 2006) they have been providing new content like or better than in the VOOM DBS days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)