If you don't have Voom Get it now!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sean Mota said:
...Right now (since January 2006) they have been providing new content like or better than in the VOOM DBS days.

You really think so, Sean? Can you give me examples related to Equator, Gallery, WorldCinema, FilmFest? Those were 90% of all the channels we watched.

But my question is are they still downconverting these channels under MPEG4? Last time I checked they were still being downconverted. If they are not anymore, then I would definitely jump on the Voom bandwagon again!

VOOM-Lite is still coming in Loud & Fuzzy! Many of us find it hard to believe there is STILL a fiber problem at Rainbow Media...and with E* lighting up HD LIL at an impressive pace (make that HD LIL-Lite for the 1080i channels) I doubt they have the transponders to support VOOM at full bitrate 1920x1080i.

I too seriously doubt there's still a fiber problem. I think we'll continue to see HDLite until they (being E* and D*) have enough TPs in orbit to give us full bitrate 1920x1080i (or 1080p someday, maybe).

However, it'll take a lot more than our complaints to get them to do it...

riffjim4069 said:
VOOM-Lite is still coming in Loud & Fuzzy! Many of us find it hard to believe there is STILL a fiber problem at Rainbow Media...and with E* lighting up HD LIL at an impressive pace (make that HD LIL-Lite for the 1080i channels) I doubt they have the transponders to support VOOM at full bitrate 1920x1080i.

wasnt confirmed after voom dbs shut down that they were not even providing 1920x1080i, it was something like 1440x1080i if i remember correctly?

June will be 17 James Bond movies, between 1963 and 1983 uncut HD.:D I've had Voom since February and the channels are still fresh.

toto said:
June will be 17 James Bond movies, between 1963 and 1983 uncut HD.:D I've had Voom since February and the channels are still fresh.

And those movies would be a great reason for me to go back to E*, but no way would I go back until the evils of HD Lite for the Voom channels has ended.

Customgamer1 said:
I just got it and the one channel I love to watch is the world sport or in other words spanish soccer. Also the game HD channel is good and I also like the snow sports that are always on!

The only stations I don't ever watch are the art ones because those are just borning... I think Voom put them on there just becasue they are in HD. Well just because it's in HD does not mean anyone is going to wath it...

GalleryHD is what saved my bacon. My wife was very skeptical of the cost of the Platinum Pack, but once she started watching the museum tours and profiles on famous artists, I can hardly get the set back. Luckily, she did not discover this until after the season of network shows was over. But, still, thank goodness for DVR:)

My wife discovered the fashion shows (Ultra I think it's called) last night. That, plus HGTV when it comes online, will go far for the WAF in my house.

Mr_Crowley said:
I've been watching the Bruce Lee flicks on the kung-fu channel. Very cool. Besides those, you're right, the kung-fu channel is pretty useless. Now if they start playing some of the old school kung fu flicks they used to play on Saturdays that would be sweet.

Wow, that just brought back memories, on channel 5 right. One of my favorites was The Five Deadly Venoms, tell me this channel plays these type of movies :eek:

Here's something intereste about the KungFu HD channel. Some of you like the action Bruce Lee stuff and "old" KungFu flicks. I am cool with that as it brings memories of my days of going to the movies to watch the double flick of KungFu and afterwards everyone dreamed of being a KungFu master. After watching the Bruce Lee flicks, it is not the same feeling and the other Japanese films bring more interest, at least to me. This KungFu channel seems like a girl in the movies who no one seems to agree on... She maybe ugly to some or beautiful to others. :)

1080iBeVuMin said:
I like this original poster's enthusiasm. But until I see the "old guys" from the VOOM DBS threads jumping up and down about how great VOOM is again, I am not buying. The last I heard there are still too many repeats, and the rez ain't what it used to was.

I will wait until VOOM is as good or better than the old VOOM DBS.

1080iBeVuMin.. NOT !

Well, I've had VOOM since day 1 for them on E*

Yes, they did bog down a bit at first, but they are steadily improving. I enjoy it and I'm glad I have VOOM.

--Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)