If you don't have Voom Get it now!

S

stellar832000

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2005
171
0
San Antonio
For those of you Dish subscribers who don't think voom is "worth" the upgrade, or D* subs who don't think its worth the switch, rest assured...your wrong. I just upgraded to Dish from D* and I couldn't be happier, I am honestly addicted to these channels! I was sceptical at first but now I have no regrets. I cant stop watching GamePlay HD and when I do its to watch either Monsters, Rave or Animania. All of the Voom channels have surprisingly good HD programing you really, really get what you pay for...and best of all, no commercials.
 
Last edited:
C

Customgamer1

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 23, 2006
43
0
stellar832000 said:
For those of you Dish subscribers who don't think voom is "worth" the upgrade, or D* subs who don't think its worth the switch, rest assured...your wrong. I just upgraded to Dish from D* and I couldn't be happier, I am honestly addicted to these channels! I was sceptical at first but now I have no regrets. I cant stop watching GamePlay HD and when I do its to watch either Monsters, Rave or Animania. All of the Voom channels have surprisingly good HD programing you really. really get what you pay for...and best of all, no commercials.

I just got it and the one channel I love to watch is the world sport or in other words spanish soccer. Also the game HD channel is good and I also like the snow sports that are always on!

The only stations I don't ever watch are the art ones because those are just borning... I think Voom put them on there just becasue they are in HD. Well just because it's in HD does not mean anyone is going to wath it...
 
S

stellar832000

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2005
171
0
San Antonio
Ultra HD can be ok as they sometimes show swimsuit models, my friends and I tried watching Gallery HD and nearly fell asleep, we tuned in just as they were analyzing a painting...just weird.
 
T

Trock62

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 27, 2005
22
0
Livermore, CA
Voom is nowhere near as good as it used to be...gone are Majestic, GuyTV, and DivineHD channels...instead we got that stupid kungfu crap...
 
BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
8,207
0
Orlando
Everyone feels this way during the first couple weeks, but then they realize there's nothing left to be viewed any more.

I used to love watching the 12 minute HDNews casts, but now 12 minutes seems to long for me to sit through
 
dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Trock62 said:
Voom is nowhere near as good as it used to be...gone are Majestic, GuyTV, and DivineHD channels...instead we got that stupid kungfu crap...
bring back Guy TV, Please... no kungfu, I can live with Ultra :D and the rest but add the 1 HR Music video blocks back to Rave...
 
S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
It is all a matter of taste. Since January they have been adding more new programming than INHD1 and INHD2 combined. It is all a matter of preference. I love to watch the Gallery HD and Ultra HD. I watch Rave only a few concerts since I do not like popular music as much. Filmfest and Monsters are at the top of my list. Kung Fu hd is very good for all the Samurai Japanese flicks which are very different and good filmmaking if you are tired of the Hollywood film. So for everyone there is different stuff to watch. WorldCinema is a must have for me since I love foreign film so much. I do not have WorldCinema yet but I will soon.
 
M

Mr_Crowley

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 24, 2006
79
0
I've been watching the Bruce Lee flicks on the kung-fu channel. Very cool. Besides those, you're right, the kung-fu channel is pretty useless. Now if they start playing some of the old school kung fu flicks they used to play on Saturdays that would be sweet.
 
T

toto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 29, 2003
860
1
I thought, I would never watch the KungFu channel, but now it is a channel I always check to visually see whats on. If its over the past 4 or 5 years from China, its great. Plots, photography, story line, everything. I watched one, all subtitled, the other night, can't think of the name---it B---------------, all I can think of is Battafuko and I no that's wrong, it was super. I haven't even started watching Equater or Rush and I know that they should be 2 of my favorite channels. Voom is well worth the money.
 
1080iBeVuMin

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 29, 2004
915
0
Santa Rosa, CA
I like this original poster's enthusiasm. But until I see the "old guys" from the VOOM DBS threads jumping up and down about how great VOOM is again, I am not buying. The last I heard there are still too many repeats, and the rez ain't what it used to was.

I will wait until VOOM is as good or better than the old VOOM DBS.

1080iBeVuMin.. NOT !
 
M

mingfeis

New Member
Feb 9, 2006
1
0
It all depends on personal taste and preferences. As a new subsriber to Voom ( about two months), I like Gallery and Ultra best, then Equator. I've never watched Rave and Rush, but I would never say they are useless because they may be favorites of others'.
 
Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
3,601
1
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
I've been a sub of VOOM since last July and still like it a lot.

I do watch Gallery and Equator, but not Ultra or Rave.

I too wish I could trade Kung Fu for Guy TV. That was a terrible trade in my book. I watched Guy at least 5 times as much as I watch Kung Fu.
 
G

GeorgeLV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2005
1,244
0
Sean Mota said:
It is all a matter of taste. Since January they have been adding more new programming than INHD1 and INHD2 combined.

So it took until this January for 15 channels to match the content of 2? That's not what we lay people call encouraging.
 
dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I had a D* HD tech try to tell me Sunday that the V* pack was no good and that soon D* would have 150 HD channels... :D... (after telling me I was no longer eligible for HD Dns stations) I did not argue the fact that the 150 channels were locals that No one would be eligible for all of ;)
 
riffjim4069

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
35,213
287
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
dfergie said:
I had a D* HD tech try to tell me Sunday that the V* pack was no good and that soon D* would have 150 HD channels... :D... (after telling me I was no longer eligible for HD Dns stations) I did not argue the fact that the 150 channels were locals that No one would be eligible for all of ;)
I used to counter this argument by telling everyone VOOM DBS offered over 1000 HD channels...once you factored in all the HD locals people were receiving with their VOOM supplied/installed over-the-air antenna.:rolleyes:
 
Mark_AR

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
1,448
0
North Arkansas
I'm hooked on GamePlay-HD.

I'm even thinking about building a gaming PC just so I can play some of these new games out.

F.E.A.R. and Ghost Recon look kewl. I may never sleep again! :p
 
S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
GeorgeLV said:
So it took until this January for 15 channels to match the content of 2? That's not what we lay people call encouraging.

Well if you were a previous VOOM customer, the new content before January 2006 after transfering to Dish Network was very small. If you happen to be a existing dish network customer or new one and never had Voom before the content was brand new to you. When VOOM DBS was around, VOOM provided lots of new content every month. Right now (since January 2006) they have been providing new content like or better than in the VOOM DBS days.
 

Similar threads

Top