If you had your choice. Tv related

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
If you had avail to you. Comcast , Dishnetwork , Direct TV , Verizon Fios

What service would you go with and Why. Let's keep the internet portion out of this. We all know FIOS is tops in that area.

What service would you go with and Why. Let's keep the internet portion out of this. We all know FIOS is tops in that area.

Directv,
I need my NFL and other sports in HD.

FIOS is tops in WHAT area ?

They are only in 10% of the country ...

Jimbo

Directv,
I need my NFL and other sports in HD.

FIOS is tops in WHAT area ?

They are only in 10% of the country ...

Jimbo
Yea but even regular Verizon internet is still much cheaper and double the speed then Satellite ,Cable is faster then satellite too. TV wise yes Fios is limited. Thats why I'm guessing we are keeping internet out of this conversation.

You should post the pricing and channel lineups. Because out of those choices only Directv and Dishnetwork are the only ones available in my area. Blue Ridge Communications is my local cable company. I wouldn't mind having them. But I would pick Fios out of your list.. Then Directv! Fios because they have Neighboring locals and lots more premium channels available,with no satellite dishes.

Verizon FIOS phone service is a poorly maintained poorly supported service,

I HAD to call for 6 weeks to get a noisey router at the CO replaced.

currently the neighborhoood main phone fios line is supporting a large tree.

verizons company policy is no tree trimming, wait till it fails.

which is most likely from a storm, so repair will be slow

whoever brings high speed fiber to my house first has my internet business for life. But I still would use Dish and Ku and C-band (eventually) and OTA for TV.

after supposedly being put on do not disturb the fios tv guy showed up at my door..........

i took him over, showed him the line supporting the tree, told him if anyone else from verizoon ever shows up at my door i will cancel everything verizon, including cell, phone, and fios.

heck i would happily sue them for harrasement, the calls have stopped, the paper advertising floods my mail box.

so now i harass verizon reps at convention centers etc......

Bob suggestion- Hang out at Verizon cell phone centers and talk people out of signing up for their service as they wait to buy in. Do that until they throw you out, then move on to the next store. Trust me on this. They will complain to their reps that the telemarketing program is pissing off people and killing new business. Eventually the program will stop. It would be a nice project to keep yopu busy but not necessarily out of trouble. :)

Isn't this really just another vanity thread?

The choice is going to be made by a number of factors, including:

Price
Quality of SD and HD signals
Availability of Locals
Availability of HD Channels
Availability of your 'must have' channel.
Physical factors beyond your control
Bundling with other services

Any one, or a combination of any of the above can push someone into any of the services mentioned.

I was a 12 year DISH customer, but went to Comcast last fall because of a combination of these factors.

1. I am currently renting and don't want to drill a lot of new holes in the landlord's house.

2. Large trees to the south at the top of a slope, make access difficult. Probably requires a pole mount 50' from the house.

3. Comcast triple pack makes it less hassle to have a single infrastructure.

4. Better HD quality, until recently. Still looking at what has happened since Comcast started compressing the HD.

If you live on the north side of an apartment building with no common area, yo may not have any choice. Same thing if you live way out in the country, you may have different choices (C-band anyone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts