If you were commissioner of any sport what would you change?

baseball

-let Pete Rose be eligible for HOF
-more day games. Weekend games and last game of a series should be played during the day. Obviously there would be some consideration for the "hot hot" market teams to have night games
-More games on local TV. I know the reasoning for games on RSN's...more advertising and better coverage. But come on...we're not in a 4 or 5 channel local markets anymore. Put games on subchannels or those "other" (non network) stations in the outlining areas.
-chuck interleague
-balanced schedule
-less delays. Do you need to readjust your gloves, hat, cup, retie your shoelaces after every pitch? lets try and get the games done a little quicker
-154 games..more scheduled doubleheaders. Lets get the playoffs done before Halloweenie. Should be done within the 1st or 2nd week of October at the latest

hockey
-better alignment of teams
-you play each team twice a year
-no touch icing

baseball

-more day games. Weekend games and last game of a series should be played during the day. Obviously there would be some consideration for the "hot hot" market teams to have night games
-More games on local TV. I know the reasoning for games on RSN's...more advertising and better coverage. But come on...we're not in a 4 or 5 channel local markets anymore. Put games on subchannels or those "other" (non network) stations in the outlining areas.
-chuck interleague
-balanced schedule
-less delays. Do you need to readjust your gloves, hat, cup, retie your shoelaces after every pitch? lets try and get the games done a little quicker
-154 games..more scheduled doubleheaders. Lets get the playoffs done before Halloweenie. Should be done within the 1st or 2nd week of October at the latest

hockey
-no touch icing

:up:up:up to all of the above, ESPECIALLY Pete Rose!

To be honest, I know a lot of people didnt like the World Series in Nov. because it was too cold etc. To be honest, you could have the World Series be played the 2nd week in October and it will still be cold. It also doesnt help that all of the games are at night as well. I mean can they maybe play a World Series game during the day? Its the least they could do considering the fact, that for the past, well for me anyway, 20 yrs. they've played and ended there games at 11:30-12 AM.

Also, Im really not a big fan of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. Just something about it rubs me the wrong way. Maybe if they put it on Sunday afternoon it would be a lot better. Theres just no appeal to it anymore but thats just me. Oh, and I would get rid of the FOX 4pm game and put it on in primetime considering they did good ratings for that, or put it back on at 1pm. 4pm is too late in the day. And yes, I would get rid of the FOX NFL Theme for Baseball and bring back the MLB on Fox theme for Baseball which to me was actually one of the better themes.

baseball

-chuck interleague
-balanced schedule

hockey
-no touch icing

While I like most of this, the hockey suggestions won't work.
You can't play every team 2 games... that would only leave 20 some games for the conference/division teams.

As for the baseball, you have players re adjusting everything , like you said, how about the pitcher that takes a week to throw the ball.
There supposively is already a clock on them, but you never see it called.

No games should start after 8 pm
That means the 8 pm games that doesn't start till 8:40. This use to be happening all the time, not so much anymore.
If the game is scheduled for 8, first pitch is 8:07, lets get this thing on the road....
Enough of this traditionalist saying that the game goes at it's own pace, pick it up people.
yankees and Red Sox are a prime example, but most games take too long.

While I like most of this, the hockey suggestions won't work.
You can't play every team 2 games... that would only leave 20 some games for the conference/division teams.

I don't know about that. You play every team in the opposite conference home and away. (30 Games) - You play every team in your division 5 times (20 Games) alternating each year with the extra home game - You play every team in the other two divisions in your conference 3 times a year, alternating each year with the extra home game (30 Games) - and the final two games would be played one game each against other division opponents in your conference. (2 Games) = Total of 82 Games.

No . . . when a game is rained out, you get a rain check that you can exchange for a ticket to any other games for which tickets are available that season .Rain checks have never been a guarantee of seeing the makeup of the game you were rained out of. And of course you can have one admission. I can't tell you how many twi-night doubleheaders I went to that consisted of makeups of rainouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)