if your hopper goes haywire, try this...

hey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2016
TX
So, my H3 was fine and dandy until this afternoon 6pm central, I set a timer last night to record 184 Animal Planet "Tanked: Tank Madness"

I don't know exactly what happened or why, but I was checking the guide and setting new timers, exited the guide to skip commercials, went back to the guide and the timers I just set were gone, checked the schedule, completely empty, checked the timers, they were still there, had no idea what was going on.

I checked what was currently recording in the recordings page so I could do a red button reset, I had 2 things recording, 1 soon to end and "tanked" to end at the end of the hour, so I started it to watch it to see what it was to assess if I was going to watch it - as it turned out it is just a rehash with a new name "tank madness" so I stopped the recording and delete it...

and voila, EVERYTHING went back to normal... all my timers were back, the schedule, the guide back to showing my timers normally, etc.

I suspect that this was somehow due to the bad guide data, but I can't be certain obviously.

so, if it happens to you (as it has with others) I would try to stop current recordings and/or delete the most recent timers and see if that works before resorting to more drastic measures (or calling dish customer service)

hopefully someone at DIRT reads this and this info can help them in some way...

Reactions: xfoneguy
Yes, weeks ago Scott published the workarounds sent out by Dish that include we all erase "old" timers and make new ones, along with other work arounds regarding SEARCH and VOD downloads. Someone else can provide the link. I'm going to bed.

well, this was the exact opposite, a brand new timer, probably the newest...

Did that but that still doesn't work. You better check good as I have new timers that show up in scheduled, in the guide with a red circle that still don't record.
This is getting aggravating and my wife wants to dump dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)