I'm about to order Flex+Hopper. New Customer.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
Hello!

I'm about to order the Flex Pack for 37.99/mo plus a Hopper Duo for 10.00/mo.
That should be 47.99 plus tax.

Should I expect any kind of installation fees or anything?
Do the prices of those check out to you?
I'm assuming I may get an autopay discount of 5.00 (temporarily).
Should I expect my Hopper Duo to go up to 15.00 later?
Should I expect this to be month to month or will I need a contract?

Will they sell me an OTA adapter so I can record my rabbit ear locals on the Hopper?

Thank you!

Some answers depend on your credit rating when DISH checked.
Generally you may (should?) be able to get the full Hopper for the $10 DVR for two years. Flex is indeed $37.99 keep in mind do you need locals or any channels not included that require an add on pack.

Yes you can get the OTA adapter since you asked I am assuming you won't want the locals add on pack which will save you $12 a month.
Just to make sure you know you will need a Joey to watch in another room and with only two tuners that could be tricky but that depends on your TV needs.
If you do not need TV in a second room you can save any DVR fee with a Wally instead of the duo though there may be a receiver fee for that. If there is it will be less than any DVR fee. That also has two tuners if you add your own external hard drive and makes the Wally which on it's own is not a DVR into a DVR.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you a new customer? If so, I thought Dish didn't sell the Flex Pack to new customers.

If you are an existing customer, are you swapping out hardware to upgrade to a Hopper? If so, they should have told you about any tech visit fee or install fee.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am a brand spanking new customer. They said I can get the FLEX pack.
I only have one room.
Non-DVR fee is 7.00.
DVR fee for Hopper 3 is 15.00 and DVR fee for Hopper Duo is 10.00. I'm not sure if those go down by 5.00 for 2 years if you get that discount or not.
Can DISH give me an external hard drive to hook up to Wally?

I just talked to someone at DISH.
They said I have two options:

Leased Plan requires a 2 year contract.
I'd pay $50 TV Activation Fee and a $100 Hopper Receiver Fee.
Then, I'd pay 37.99 Flex + 5.00 Hopper Duo for 2 years = 42.99/month.
That price would increase to 37.99 + 10.00 Hopper Duo after 2 years = 47.99/month.

-or-

Owned Plan is month to month.
I would own the equipment if I ever canceled.
TV Activation Fee is 150.00 + Hopper Receiver Fee of $150 = $300
Then, I'd pay 37.99 Flex + 10.00 Hopper Duo = 47.99/month.

The 2 year agreement looks like the better deal by far.

What a mess.

I am a brand spanking new customer. They said I can get the FLEX pack.
I only have one room.
Non-DVR fee is 7.00.
DVR fee for Hopper 3 is 15.00 and DVR fee for Hopper Duo is 10.00. I'm not sure if those go down by 5.00 for 2 years if you get that discount or not.
Can DISH give me an external hard drive to hook up to Wally?
Dish has EHD's but you don't want one from Dish. They charge $150 bucks for a 2TB. You can find one for less money on Amazon, et al. Just make sure it's no larger than 2 TB and uses external power, not USB power

Reactions: charlesrshell
Will they sell me an OTA adapter so I can record my rabbit ear locals on the Hopper?
Unless it's changed, you could never 'order' this adapter up-front. You had to buy it from their "store", eBay, etc, etc. As usual, Dish's own store shows it as out of stock. I do see them on eBay, Amazon, and Dish Depot so it almost appears that Dish chooses not to sell these and just lets others take care of them.

Dish has EHD's but you don't want one from Dish. They charge $150 bucks for a 2TB. You can find one for less money on Amazon, et al. Just make sure it's no larger than 2 TB and uses external power, not USB power
The one I got from Dish was a WD and only cost $119.00. That was 6 months ago.

I have better luck with the WD :passport drives that use usb power, no external power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)