I'm back again, losing signal on Kten

TimandPatti

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Texas
We can get 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 but Kten's channels get choppy and at times we lose them.

We put up the
Winegard HD 8200U High Defintion Platinum VHF/UHF/FM Antenna (HD8200U) and it's 24 ft. high.

I don't know if we need a pre-amp or what. It is aimed in the direction of Kten's tower and it's not that far from here.

My Zip Code is 75020

Thanks again!

Might try moving the antenna slightly, you might be getting some multipath interference. You need to have the narrow end of the antenna aimed at about 340 degrees on a compass to the NW towards Madill.

That is a pretty big antenna, but I don't think from Denison that you would be overdriving the tuner. You could try putting a splitter on the antenna line to attenuate the signal a little bit. I use an older antenna that is about the same size to pick up KTEN an KXII from our ranch at Pontotoc, which is about the same distance to the towers as you are.

You've got just about the best antenna out there. You may want to try tweaking height as well as aim. Sometimes a few inches up "or" down may make or break reliable reception on a problem channel. I've experienced this many times, even with a relatively strong signal.

Are you using RG-6 cable? How long is the run, and how many splits do you have?

Go to www.tvfool.com & save your "post" transition results here. Your address will not be displayed when posting. An exact address will give us a better idea of what you are dealing with better than just using your zip code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)