I'm back baby!

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well, after a crazy year that involved a wedding, me moving in with my wife and her kids and a whole lot of crazy, I got finally Dish installed today.
Had to do a pole mount since its in a wooded area but I expected that. The installer did a fantastic job and everything is working great. Just have to get the kids used to the new channel numbers.
All is right in the world again :)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 370
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    818.3 KB · Views: 329
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 356
the prodigal returns.

He it's cool you came back. Looked at the install pix and thought, cool how he can pick stuff up w/ the dish sideways. :D 1 little thing I don't think I'd leave the 722k setting on top of that hot box (aka surround receiver). Give it some cool air.

Welcome back but if I had my 722 sitting on top of my Onkyo A/V receiver they'd both be fried in short order................:confused::eek::(:rolleyes::eek:

Ed

Yeah, not sure what happened with the sideways pics. As for the airflow, I plan to move it, it's just where he put it for now.

Well, after a crazy year that involved a wedding, me moving in with my wife and her kids and a whole lot of crazy, I got finally Dish installed today.
Had to do a pole mount since its in a wooded area but I expected that. The installer did a fantastic job and everything is working great. Just have to get the kids used to the new channel numbers.
All is right in the world again :)
Must be hard living in a world that is rotated 90 degrees. :p

Must be hard living in a world that is rotated 90 degrees. :p

It's Terrible :) Sadly the "receiver" that is there is my wife's 15 year old, 2 channel radio shack receiver. Haven't had the time to wire the speakers and get my 6.1 setup done yet. Have to redo the LAN wiring first, the last person to do wiring on this house was a hack!

Good deal!:up

Man, my A/V receiver would have that 722 boiling!:eek:

Happy viewing!:)

Ed

We came home from vacation on one of the hottest days of the summer. My 722 was above my Onkyo AVR. Suddenly it gave a warning message that it was over heating and shut down. We thought it was toast. But after a couple of hours of blowing a fan over it. It came back. We moved it to the other saide of our stand and no problems since.

Thanks guys! So far, so good! Had TW in there before and the picture quality is noticeably better on Dish. Not to mention having a real DVR! Interestingly, I got a 722, not a 722k, is that something I should try to get swapped out?

The 722 and the 722K are very similar. Do you watch OTA? One of the differences between the two units is that the 722K can record 2 OTA channels at once. The 722 only has one OTA tuner. However, the 722 has the OTA unit built in. With the 722K, you have to purchase the OTA module seperately.

I have a 722 and I find it to be very stable, hardly any problems.

Do you ever need to record more than one OTA channel at once? Do you need to view live OTA TV from TV2? These are about the only differences between the 722 and 722k.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Don't use OTA so I guess I won't worry about it too much. I've read some of the stories about the new software on the 722k so I'm happy with this for now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)