I'm Back!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
After moving north of Denver I had to drop D* and go with Comcast due to los issues and Apt managment not letting me put a dish on a pole. I asked a neighbor with los if I could put my dish on her balcony railing and she said YES!!! Managment said its ok, now my ?? I know there are railing brackets out there. Do installers carry some with them or should I buy some before the install? Could someone provide some links to suppliers of said brackets?? Many tks--Ray

The installer probably won't have any brackets like that on his truck, unless he's done something similar before. Depending upon the type of railing, and assuming it is sturdy enough, he may be able to use a foot plate from another mast and bolt them together with the railing in between, or use U-bolts to secure the footplate to the railing.

Make sure you have that approval in writing before the installer shows up. Have a copy for him and one for you to keep.

Planned on getting the written aproval but as I understand it there is only one company allowed to install on this property. The installer who originally came out and told me no los said he couldn't install even if I had los. 2 other of his co-workers did install here and they were fired because they did. The first intall was set up by D*s movers connection. I think I have to set it up thru Quest because thats the info management gave me when we first moved in, but the install was already set up. I'm gonna check with the property mngr today. I still have not been able to find the railing brackets anywhere yet. Still need some help in that area. If the intsall Co. has exslusive rights here, bucket, tripod and railing mounts are all thats allowed and I've seen all three. Maybe the installer carries them but I'll ask a neighbor with a rail mount who intsalled his dish and find out, but anyone with infor on the brackets pls send a link. Tks--Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)