I'm begging.. Please help me fix my "not connected to broadband" issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

electricmanscott

Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Massachusetts
Less than three month subscriber. Love the technology and don't want to go back to cable even though I had to climb a ladder during a snowstorm three times last week to clear my dish! Anyway, as of a couple weeks ago, I can't download any on demand programming. No matter what I do, I can't get it to work. Tech support couldn't get me running either. My internet is working fine and the hopper tests show that I'm connected yet the downloads fail. I'll take any advice at this point as I can't deal with anymore tech support. They offered to send a tech out but I'd have to pay. Not cool! After I flew off the handle they kindly agreed to waive the fee and send a tech out at no charge. My confidence is low based on the initial installer who was so exited to tell me how many "tiggabytes" the hopper has.

I have two hoppers and four Joeys.

Not that i could help you but from past experiences reading troubleshooting network threads, those that know that stuff probably need to know how you're connected, what equipment you're using and whether bridging is enabled etc.

Do a search for "broadband ", you'll find that tech support or visits wont help. There's a big thread here detailing the issue.

I read that entire thread and a whole bunch more. The problem is with Dish yet they have the balls to try to make me pay for a tech to come out. Nice. My software is 234 on the hoppers and 282 on the Joeys. Anyway, a tech will be here tomorrow morning.

I'm still experiencing the same. I sent engineering information about my setup, etc. Haven't heard a word back yet....I'm on S238. I also detailed my setup in the broadband thread.

-Todd

That's not the current Hopper s/w. Are you talking Hopper with sling? Hopper and Hopper w/ sling are two different animals.

S282 is the old software for Joey. Current software for Hopper is S238, Joey S286, Hopper w/Sling S304.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Since having my Hopper installed last November I've reset the broadband connection many times and it always connected without fail, 3 greens. Now I can only get 1 green. Something has been broken by an update and we'll all just have to wait for the fix. I have S238 software.

Meanwhile my Blockbuster account is going to waste and no PPV. Not good.

Hi - this is Vivek from the DISH Product team. I sent you a PM requesting some information so we can troubleshoot this. If you could reply back with the information it will help us understand why you cannot connect to broadband

Thanks

Vivek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)