Blockbuster now on Roku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is crazy. Why is Dish who owns Blockbusters charging more. It should be less or the same.

This is just a rehash of bb on demand prior to the Dish take over.The pricing and format is exactly as it used to be.You also have to figure the streaming competition,those prices are right in line with vudu,amazon,playstation,cinemanow,and googleplay.

examples

https://play.google.com/store/movie...251bGwsMSwyLDIyMCwibW92aWUtSW5CeWEwa1FfVTQiXQ..
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#
http://www.cinemanow.com/title/512519

I would also guess,that the movie studios set the pricing differently for streaming and ppv.If you compare dish ppv with dtv,and cable,it's also very similar.

This is just a rehash of bb on demand prior to the Dish take over.The pricing and format is exactly as it used to be.You also have to figure the streaming competition,those prices are right in line with vudu,amazon,playstation,cinemanow,and googleplay.

Right. All this is just an additional device to watch it (BB) on.

Wow an app to rent a movie on roku :) I've been using the amazon app for quite awhile now after dish removed the blockbuster app from my bluray player and no option on the roku. Argo is $4.98 for 48 hours in HD from amazon. I have never rented a ppv movie through dish due to the price difference. I wondered why they had to remove the apps to begin with? Maybe just to make it look different, probably other technical reasons I imagine. Just wondering how many people moved on to something else in the meantime like myself. I had the $10 blockbuster add on and had quite a few issues so I dropped it. I was really excited when it first came out though, seemed promising.

I'd like to know how much revenue DISH brings in for PPV service. It has to be extremely insignificant in their income stream. Their prices have made me never consider watching a movie through them. They are at least $2 too high.

Now BB is on Roku, but our BB@H is not tied into this. It's like nobody at DISH plans a strategy for market presence, and therefore success.

I'd like to know how much revenue DISH brings in for PPV service. It has to be extremely insignificant in their income stream. Their prices have made me never consider watching a movie through them. They are at least $2 too high.

Now BB is on Roku, but our BB@H is not tied into this. It's like nobody at DISH plans a strategy for market presence, and therefore success.

I wonder as well. Somebody else may have mentioned it is high due to the purchased rights to carry from the studios as compared to other mediums? So, I'm thinking that is a sunk cost. What would happen if dish offered $1.99 HD rentals 1 weekend per month? Would the increased volume help them make more revenue? I would think so.

I bet it would do just the opposite. I bet there would be a ton of people calling in on Monday or later in the week complaining that they didn't know about it, or weren't informed and wanting credits or an extended deal.

I bet it would do just the opposite. I bet there would be a ton of people calling in on Monday or later in the week complaining that they didn't know about it, or weren't informed and wanting credits or an extended deal.

True. You can't please everybody. I would think it would be announced. One weekend per month, one new release, not announcing the actual movie. My point was just thinking lots of people who normally do not rent ppv would be enticed to do so. Maybe I'm off though.

The services are targeting different groups. Do NOT presume that the Dish customers here who also have Roku devices are "typical". We are NOT.

As more and more viewers, Dish or otherwise, gain streaming media capabilies, whether through new TVs, BD/DVD players, and/or STBs, pricing for sat/cable ppv will have to come down to match. Or, people will simply stop purchasing thru sat/cable. It's really that simple.

Sent from a tablet using an app

The services are targeting different groups. Do NOT presume that the Dish customers here who also have Roku devices are "typical". We are NOT.

What presumptions? What on earth are you talking about? I posted this for informational purposes since Dish gave away who knows how many Rokus...but it was a bunch

I am following the thread, your reply was to my post. Personally, I would also like to see Roku Blockbuster streaming linked with BB at Home, of which I am a subscriber. It would be a win-win for Dish and their subscribers if they could eliminate a large percentage of their DVD mailings

Apparently you missed the direction that many of the posts have went....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)