I'm FRUSTRATED

rickbb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
My HD picture on my tv set was GREAT before Dish Network did their software upgrade2 or 3 months ago.When the technician came over about 2 months ago he said he was upgrading my satelite Dishes with new software-plus he took away the switchbox that was inside my home and put it on the satelite.
I am so unhappy with my HD picture and I had a tech over last week from Dish Network.He tested the signal strength on my Satelite Dishes on the roof-he said the strength was very good and he tightened the cable wires connected to the Dishes.And even though my HD picture was'nt sharp looking or clear..he said that the picture looked good to him..he even implied that my TV set could be bad.Infact he had me make the picture dark.it looked awful.
He suggested what tv brand I should buy.
These techs have alot of appointments to go on in one day and the truth is they don't take the time to really take care of the problem.Infact this tech got a little upset with me because I was still unhappy with my picture.He said"well,you're welcomed to have someone else come over and see what THEY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT YOUR DISH.He would'nt put in the effort to check EVerything.I believe that the dishes should be re positioned.Also it keeps saying on the tv when i test the signal strength..it says in RED...wrong Satelite..but then switches to Green for good satelite.
So no matter what I said this technician was no help-plus they usually have freelance techs come out..but this guy prided himself on working for Dish Network personally.He had a Dish Network shirt on .What would any of YOu do about this situation.I almost feel like trying to fix my own satelite problems on my own..since I'm the only one who cares about this.

rickbb said:
My HD picture on my tv set was GREAT before Dish Network did their software upgrade2 or 3 months ago.When the technician came over about 2 months ago he said he was upgrading my satelite Dishes with new software-plus he took away the switchbox that was inside my home and put it on the satelite.
I am so unhappy with my HD picture and I had a tech over last week from Dish Network.He tested the signal strength on my Satelite Dishes on the roof-he said the strength was very good and he tightened the cable wires connected to the Dishes.And even though my HD picture was'nt sharp looking or clear..he said that the picture looked good to him..he even implied that my TV set could be bad.Infact he had me make the picture dark.it looked awful.
He suggested what tv brand I should buy.
These techs have alot of appointments to go on in one day and the truth is they don't take the time to really take care of the problem.Infact this tech got a little upset with me because I was still unhappy with my picture.He said"well,you're welcomed to have someone else come over and see what THEY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT YOUR DISH.He would'nt put in the effort to check EVerything.I believe that the dishes should be re positioned.Also it keeps saying on the tv when i test the signal strength..it says in RED...wrong Satelite..but then switches to Green for good satelite.
So no matter what I said this technician was no help-plus they usually have freelance techs come out..but this guy prided himself on working for Dish Network personally.He had a Dish Network shirt on .What would any of YOu do about this situation.I almost feel like trying to fix my own satelite problems on my own..since I'm the only one who cares about this.

Besides Venting and mention some possible signal strength issues, you really don't tell us what problems you are experiencing? Is the picture breaking up? is the picture seeming soft? Is it just HD? Since this is a digital system to the receiver once you get a solid singnal you can't do anything upstream of the recevier to improve PQ.

Couple of Thoughts -

1) Check your TV modes. Try chaning the modes to see the effect it has.

2) What is your TV (Size?) how far are you sitting from it.

3) Are you watching Component? DVI? Composite?

4) What verison of software is in your box?

5) There have been some software upgardes on the 811 related to PQ over the last 6 months. It might just be a matter of recalibrating your TV to adjust for those changes. The changes usually made people picture Brighter.

Without more info as to what the issues are exactly, it is hard to comment on how to go about fixing them.

Also, E* moved from 2 HD channels to transponder to 3 sometime before the Olympics. HDNET & HDNMV are still 2-per. Do you see a difference between them and others?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts