I'm getting several sports channels in "HD" now on D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Burt Reynolds

Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I have the premiere D* package, and starting checking all the obscure sports channels that I never watch to see if they had an HD option.

Right now, YES and MSN and several midwest comcast channels are coming over in HD, but it looks more like a stretched signal.

BTW, great forum... been reading for awhile, just registered now to give you the news.

I have the premiere D* package, and starting checking all the obscure sports channels that I never watch to see if they had an HD option.

Right now, YES and MSN and several midwest comcast channels are coming over in HD, but it looks more like a stretched signal.

I have premier also but no HD on these channels for me.

update: also, several Fox Sports channels are coming over in HD too, but the quality is utter crap.

yet another update for you:

all the 600's basically are in HD format and coming through, albeit low quality. that's the fox sports channels and the YES network, and the MSN network. check like 628 and higher....

Welcome to the forums!

Are you seeing two channels for each RSN? The new HD channels will have the same channel number and you will see two lines for each channel. I have the sports pack and I'm not seeing any extra channels.

Are you sure you are not looking at an SD channel and have either your TV or receiver set to stretch?

yet another update for you:

all the 600's basically are in HD format and coming through, albeit low quality. that's the fox sports channels and the YES network, and the MSN network. check like 628 and higher....

Not HD here. If they are low quality like you say, you can probably bet they are just stretched SD signals.

Welcome to the forums!
Are you sure you are not looking at an SD channel and have either your TV or receiver set to stretch?

They may be SD signals, but other channels come in with black bars, how I have my TV and converter set. for example, fox news and fox sports ohio come in both with black bars. the other fox sports channels are filling the screen.

YES has been stretched for a week or so. Maybe even a little longer. You can check resolution by looking at the lights on the front of your receiver assuming you have it set to native.

Also check your menu guide & have it list the HD stations only, you will find none of those channels available.
it used to not list tbs or whatever channel it was. they are definately being broadcast at HD, but they are stretched signals. I knw I'm new, but I swear it on my HD subscription! :D

fsnmw, channel 647, fox sports net midwest, is listing the phillies game in hi-def, but since I'm in the philly market, its blacked out for me. can anyone see it on 647?

I'm now getting NESN (a Boston sports channel) in HD on a channel called NESNH. What's surprising is that we've been getting HD programs on the regular NESN channel for the past week, and now there's a separate channel for it. The original channel now looks like stretched SD. They both show up a channel 623.

jr

I have noticed since the new sat started showing signal that some of the sports channels (600's) started showing up in a stretch format not HD but a 16.9 stretch. could be a test of bandwidth or something but the picter is a bit hurting.

Still not the 19th so I would put to much in anything claimed o be added .. At least not until 12am PDT at the earliest.

i also have notice stretched SD on ALL of my MLB package channels for a couple weeks now...nothing you can do about it....and for all of you that cant tell it is stretched cr*p, you either need a new tv or dont need to worry about HD anyways.

Peace out...from STL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts