Im leaving out the door now to bestbuy for the PS3...

Good luck although if it's like here you are too late. People have been outside BB in tents since yesterday morning. There is one guy that has parked a RV outside of it. Walmart here has people camping inside also along with pretty much every store and they all have for the past day. I wanted one but not bad enough to spend all that time camping out for it.

I was at one of the Wal-Mart's south of Louisville this afternoon and evening. At both times, they did not have a line waiting for a PS3. They had a kiosk and games available in the rack. I asked the cashiers what the deal was (expecting to see a line), they told me it would be first come, first serve. Their shipment was cut like most others....only 10 consoles.

Well i just got back just took a shower and here i am sit on my couch...
i went all over the city.... all stores were full of lines...

The last bestbuy store i went by the people were still outside sitting there doing nothing... and it was past midnight... i dont know whats the deal was... ?

do they actually open the store at midnight.... ?

If i am lucky enough and wake up at 5 am and go to my local sears store i might just get lucky cause there were only 3-4 cars out by the door.... it was kinda funny cause the cars were lined by one by one...lol....

Is anyone who bought one of these things actually keeping it to play it. Everyone I know who actually got one is selling it. Even the news interviews I saw everyone said they were selling it.

WEll I'll just walk down to my GS Sunday morning, pick up my Wii, walk back home and sit down and play Zelda or that sword fighting game with the new motion sensitive wiimote+ nunchuck combo in my living room... ;)
When I had enough and want crazy high-rez graphics, I'll switch to my 3GHz dual-core Opteron-based PC and Dark Messiah or FEAR in 1920x1200 in my home office. :D

360 or PS3 are just boring and most importantly crippled dull boxes for me.

Last edited:
I have a WII that I will be picking up on Sunday.

However Checking Ebay, I am surprised that they are going above $800 for them.

Hmmm what to do. :D

I was told today by my wife that since our Christmas budget is a little smaller this year (thanks to buying a house this year), I have to choose between the spray-in bedliner or a Wii for Christmas. :(

Just can not get excited about the WII.. with no HD.

Right because that's less important in a console yet makes it prohibitively expensive for a lot of people - a groundbreaking new controlling method makes just much more sense. Here I am, an avid PC gamer buying a console... why? Because it comes with an invention PC cannot really offer right now at a very reasonable price point.

If you want real HD gaming, buy a good PC. I play all of my games in 1920x1200 for years, ever since I bought my former X800XTPE on the week of its launch... my water cooled X1900 still serves fine - only if I could resist and NOT to upgrade to a water-cooled BFG 8800GTX now... :D

Right because that's less important in a console yet makes it prohibitively expensive for a lot of people - a groundbreaking new controlling method makes just much more sense. Here I am, an avid PC gamer buying a console... why? Because it comes with an invention PC cannot really offer right now at a very reasonable price point.

If you want real HD gaming, buy a good PC. I play all of my games in 1920x1200 for years, ever since I bought my former X800XTPE on the week of its launch... my water cooled X1900 still serves fine - only if I could resist and NOT to upgrade to a water-cooled BFG 8800GTX now... :D

The BFG 8800GTX looks pretty sweet. Good choice. I think I'm getting one too when I build my new PC in the next few months.

Had to stop at Wal-Mart yesterday morning on the way to work to pick up a couple items that I needed, around 6:30am.
As expected there were no PS3's.

As I left the West Manchester Mall area, decided to leave thru one of the back exits that went by a Toys R Us. Shockingly I only saw ONE person waiting there for the store to open at 9am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)