I'm looking forward to the uplink report tonight

Nice catch! According to DishNetwork.com's local channel pre-qualifier it shows the New Orleans locals too.
Yes Digi I checked the website and it says New Orleans has HD locals, plus Fox (ch 8) which was listed as SD on the uplink a few weeks back is also listed as HD avaible so that uplink was either a typo are since that uplink they reached an agreement with the local Fox network. Now I have mu locals in HD I am a happy Dish customer.

No joy! Even though the Retailer Chat said Colorado Springs DMA would get HD locals today, neither Dishnetwork.com nor guide after check switch reflect HD locals. Hope Dish didn't once again push them off. They had been scheduled to light up before the end of last year.

To change the display characteristics for local channels:

Menu-6-9 and click the Chan Display button.
Many customers have had this "problem", but I do think it must get pretty cluttered down in the local-channel's mapped-down area, especially for those who get SD locals, HD locals, and OTA locals.

Ok two questions then.

I have a 1000.2 pointed at 110, 118 and 129 so I think I should be looking at the right places.

Second. Will my SD TV still get local channels. I'm assuming the receivers must down convert.

I'm really hoping that dish will bring on our HD channels tonight. One of our local stations did their analog shutdown today at noon and moved their digital signal from UHF back to VHF and now I'm having trouble picking it up OTA.

Jason
channel 7 (KWWL) moved to digital channel 7 (was on digital channel 55 prior to yesterday) , also kgan & kfxa still have an analog signal (albeit poor) but it only shows dtv conversion program loop not network programming. not sure if 20 switched yesterday or not I cant always get 20

No joy! Even though the Retailer Chat said Colorado Springs DMA would get HD locals today, neither Dishnetwork.com nor guide after check switch reflect HD locals. Hope Dish didn't once again push them off. They had been scheduled to light up before the end of last year.

Read the above comments. Give them the rest of the day, at least. Dish typically makes channels available in the afternoon.

Don't expect to see all (4). Dish can uplink channels but it doesn't mean we'll get them. They are probably talking to the other two channels still, trying to work out a deal, and if it happens, it's literally "flip the switch" and they're on.

There is a lot of truth to that statement in the Cedar Rapids market but there seems to be a delay - they aren't talking at all

I received this from the general manager at the ABC station

"According to the person I spoke with they already had a deal with those stations and wouldn’t be negotiating with the rest of us until our current agreement expires. In our case that is next December. I told them I was interested in doing a deal sooner but did not get a positive response"

There is a lot of truth to that statement in the Cedar Rapids market but there seems to be a delay - they aren't talking at all

I received this from the general manager at the ABC station

"According to the person I spoke with they already had a deal with those stations and wouldn’t be negotiating with the rest of us until our current agreement expires. In our case that is next December. I told them I was interested in doing a deal sooner but did not get a positive response"

Does anyone know if these agreements are for one year or if they are multi-year? If just annual, why didn't they negotiate for carriage this past December? I know E* doesn't wait until the last minute to negotiate when they are uplinking. Something doesn't sound right here.

Yes we are talking about this over in the AVS forum and the KWWL guys that post there believe that they are going HD on dish today. So I'm not sure what DISH is doing.

Yes I am very thankful to have these HD locals. Thx dish! I'm home now and can verify that I am getting the Dayton HD locals. Did a check switch, and then I got the programming guide for the channels as well. :)

channel 7 (KWWL) moved to digital channel 7 (was on digital channel 55 prior to yesterday) , also kgan & kfxa still have an analog signal (albeit poor) but it only shows dtv conversion program loop not network programming. not sure if 20 switched yesterday or not I cant always get 20

Yea I saw that. I deleted all my channels and did a rescan. I have the new channel listed in the guide but the signal is too weak or too jumbled for me to get any signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)