Im new to this :S

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

purple_jeep

Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Hi All,

Im here on holiday from Australia and trying to help the people im staying with setup their Home thearter system.

my problem is that im trying to connect the Dish reciever (model 6000) to thier HD TV. Now when the reciever is connected via composite it works fine tho pic quality is not great. If I connect the reciever to the TV via Component and switch into HD mode I have all sorts of problems picture would look better if it wasnt bent and moving :S also no system info or guide comes up.

After doing a bit of reading I assume I need to get the 8PSK addin (I've checked it doesnt have it) but do they also need to get a different plan from Dish??

Another question is where can I buy these adapters?? they want to get it soon so I can set it up for them.

Thanks

Chris

Welcome to the States,

Well, you are correct that you need the 8PSK module for the HDTV programming. You'll have to have them call Dish and ask for one. Not sure if there is still a charge for them. Othewise, you can get them on eBay or call around to local satellite tv retailers and see if any of them have one in stock.

Now, even if you don't have the 8PSK module, you should be able to watch Standard Def programming just fine over the component cables. It sounds like you have the video output for the HD connection mismatched to the input on the TV. Try to match them up. Sometimes the TV will only allow 1080i to work on its component inputs. So in the Dish 6000's menus (fall back to the working composite input for changing the menu configuration stuff) and set the HDTV Setup to 1080i. Other TVs require 720p, if so, set the 6000 to 720p.

Ahhhh, I printed out the manual for the Reciever and found the menu your talking about.

Hidden under installation, didn't check there last night cause I was worried I could mess up the settings :p

Was set to output RGB instead of that other one that is to hard to remember.

All working now.

One final question does the 8PSK modul have any effect if they havent signed up to recieve HD channels or are the HD channels recieved as standard? They are paying arround $100 a month but im not sure what plan they are on.

Thanks heaps for your help!!

Chris

I would consider getting an upgrade to the 811 receiver. They could be renting it for just $5/ month.

This would give them the ability to view the 8PSK HD satellite channels as well as give them the ability to watch OTA HD broadcast. If they have to pay for the modules, they may be forking out well over $100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts