I'm officially red

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Well, after months of being on the fence, I finally jumped into the HD market with the A3 from Best Buy. I had originally planned on buying the LG combo drive for my HTPC and going purple out of the gate, but I couldn't pass up the deal at BB. I had a 20% off coupon, plus gift certificates, plus it was the last day of the two in-store free HD DVD's (plus my TV is only a 720p so I didn't need to have 1080p output). So in addition to the packaged 300 and Bourne Identity, I also picked up the other two Bourne films to complete the trilogy. Cheers to all the other HD DVD owners @party

Well, after months of being on the fence, I finally jumped into the HD market with the A3 from Best Buy. I had originally planned on buying the LG combo drive for my HTPC and going purple out of the gate, but I couldn't pass up the deal at BB. I had a 20% off coupon, plus gift certificates, plus it was the last day of the two in-store free HD DVD's (plus my TV is only a 720p so I didn't need to have 1080p output). So in addition to the packaged 300 and Bourne Identity, I also picked up the other two Bourne films to complete the trilogy. Cheers to all the other HD DVD owners @party

Congratulations, welcome to the HD world, you will enjoy the high def life.
If you are looking to buy movies you may want to check amazon.com, great deals there.
Ebay is a good option too, you will find some great deals there too.

Well I went into BB myself yesterday. Ended up taking home an HD-A30. Deal was just to good. Unit was $149.99 came with 300 and Bourne Identity, also get to send in for 5 more free movies.

Only bad thing was I got it home and dang thing had no power cable, and my tv only has 1 HDMI hookup. So now I have to decide between a switch of some kind or get a stereo receiver with the connections.

Only bad thing was I got it home and dang thing had no power cable, and my tv only has 1 HDMI hookup. So now I have to decide between a switch of some kind or get a stereo receiver with the connections.

What is the other HDMI connected to? Most Sat receivers and/or cable boxes will work equally well on component without downconvert. You really want the HDMI for the HD-DVD.

I wouldn't recommend changing connections too often. I have looked at this cable, and don't think it will stand up to lots and lots of changes. The connector, especially at the component end (female) looks to be fragile and experience with several brands by Satguy members seems to bear this out.

Congrats, I know I got a lot of use out of my HD DVD player, and still do to some extent, check out transformers HD DVD it is to date my favorite movie in HD!

Well I went into BB myself yesterday. Ended up taking home an HD-A30. Deal was just to good. Unit was $149.99 came with 300 and Bourne Identity, also get to send in for 5 more free movies.

Inexpensive HDMI switches available at www.monoprice.com good place for cables also. My TV only has one Digital input also.

Congratulations.

Make sure you get your five free discs. It takes a long time (mine took about 3 months) but they do come.

You'll enjoy living the red life. :D

Congrats and enjoy your purchase! Nice to see a thread where there's no format bashing.

We're all in it for the HD, and as heard in a Dire Straits tune (that sounds great on SACD and DVD-A), "We're fools to make war with our Brothers in Arms".

Just got done watching Shrek the 3rd with my wife and daughter and there was a part that knocked the wind right out of me because I laughed so hard.

As for the cable I got a inexpensive HDMI-DVI cable for around $10.00 that works great. I am assuming that inexpensive HDMI cables would perform just great also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)