I'm PISSED. (need your help guys)

wasch_24 said:
Exactly. That is what happens on my OTA PBS when their sub-channels are on, epecially during quickmovement. I have never seen that on any Voom HD channel, HBOHD or Exclusive. Trust me, I would be screaming like mad if I saw that and my wife definitely would not allow me to keep Voom. How can you be getting that and I'm not?
Could it be that my Voom box's processor is different and it can't handle the higher data rates like yours can? I doubt it because my locals look just as good as they do from my Mits OTA HD receiver.

I thought all Voom boxes were created equal.

What exactly is the problem?

One guy says poor HD OTA and over Voom and the other says only poor HD over Voom?

One says the Voom OTA is poor compared to other OTA receivers, the other says his Voom OTA is identical to the other OTA reciever he has.

Common problems in a large group lead to a root cause that applies to everyone, problems that seem similar but in the end have differences lead to incorrect setups or problems elsewhere.

ChetK said:
Could it be that my Voom box's processor is different and it can't handle the higher data rates like yours can? I doubt it because my locals look just as good as they do from my Mits OTA HD receiver.

I thought all Voom boxes were created equal.
My PBS does it via the Voom STB as well as my Mitsu 65711. No other OTA's do it through on either tuner. Something has to be going on inside your STB or in the reception your dish is getting you. I really don't have a clue why. Now I understand why you are so passionate about the PQ issues you are having.

Eric_C said:
What exactly is the problem?

One guy says poor HD OTA and over Voom and the other says only poor HD over Voom?

One says the Voom OTA is poor compared to other OTA receivers, the other says his Voom OTA is identical to the other OTA reciever he has.

Common problems in a large group lead to a root cause that applies to everyone, problems that seem similar but in the end have differences lead to incorrect setups or problems elsewhere.
Something is going on in his box or with his Voom sat reception. What ever it is, not everyone is getting it.

I found if my sharpness and other calibration needed to be done, the macroblocking looked worse until it was done.

For the record, got my new box put in today and thigns are better then ever. 6.00 software, and so far a few little things are alot better. Not to mention I have sat and OTA coming in at about 95! Soo...for the time being, things are back up and good. so far.

ChetK said:
Here's an example of what I'm supposed to be seeing and what I am seeing during fast moving scenes:

DD_before_after.gif

You're telling me that this isn't happening to you?

Also, these are not actual voom screenshots. I took a screen capture of that DVD and used Photoshop to give you an example of what it looks like to me. This is not pixel accurate, but looks very similar to what I see.

Also note that this is ONLY during fast movements or strobe-type lighting.
ChetK
I just watched that sceneon HBOHW (west coast feed) last night and it was macroblocking...there is something wrong with the bandwidth we are getting from the West feed of the HD HBO because it did not do this on HBOHD (east feed).

I also watched this yesterday (or the day before) and it was macroblocking on the East feed (not as bad as the West feed though.) Yes, it's bandwidth related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)