I'm so angry!

madsatellitegirl

Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
I've had my DVR box for nearly 2 years and recently moved. My dad set it up for me and it hasnt' worked the same since...

For some stupid reason the guide won't download into the memory allowing me to record ANYTHING! It won't connect to a satellite either. I'm going crazy! I've been sitting online on that stupid dish networking site trying to problem solve and it's still not working. I decide to call them and work it out on the phone and it rings 2 times and then I get a fast busy tone. I call the number of the company that came to set it up for me and they are disconnected. I'm either going to a) pick up the box and pitch it out the front door because I can't watch any tv on my day off or b) sell the stupid thing on ebay as broken goods.

Anybody care to help me fix this so I can watch my reality tv tonight? *wink*

Okay and now the guide downloaded after 48 hours of trying to download it but it still won't record anything. Not even the show that's on right now.

Firstly :welcome
Can you provide a little bit more information.
Where are you located. What DVR model is it. What satellites do you see.

The simplest way is to go to the menu, go to system information describe software release and receiver model. Then do the same for checkswitch menu item, this will explain what satellites you are connected to.

Edit - too slow dfergie already asked teh receiver questions

I'd love for someone to come out but for some idiot reason the phone rings 2 times and then I get a fast busy signal. As for the 6.1.1 thing I get a point dish page with a signal of 65.

It still isn't working..

on the 6 1 1, what do you see once you select check switch. There should be info on there about which sats you are getting and if they are ok.
I t would also be good to run the check swicth once and let us know if there are any errors.

Also what number are you calling ?

Last edited:
Day 3 of no satellite. When I call it still rings two times and then I get that fast busy sign. The people that installed my dish went out of business. The closest people that do this stuff are 2 hours away.

PLEASE IM me on AIM: sensigrly if you can walk me through this stuff and try to help!

You need to do a check switch and verify you have reception. Most likely you are connected to 110 and 119 so you should see those after the check switch. Then you need to verify signal strength for each satellite. 65 is pretty low for either 110 or 119. Most likely the check switch wasn't run after the install and possibly the dish isn't peaked for good signal from both sats. Until this is confirmed/corrected don't expect to watch much of anything.

I have run a check switch and when it ends both are in the green. My signal is 65 and it has been working for weeks just great on 65.

When I go to the point dish screen I see this:

Tuner Imput: 1
Transponder 08 (this changes sometimes)
Sat. 110 with a strength of 71

When I click on check switch I get: SAT 1 and SAT 2 both green OK with Reception Verified.

Now if I go to the program guide I only see tv shows that are on for an hour then the rest of the guide says "No info available" when I scroll to the no info available it asks me to retrieve program info now and I click yes.. then it just sits there and won't update. Any ideas??

Have you done a hard reboot?

Not sure on the 522 but on my 721 if it gets flaky I hold the power button for 10 seconds and let it run a hard reboot. See what that does for you.

Okay, I just tried it again and on the Attn 15 page it says acquiring sat. signal. Sat 119 transponder 16 progress 5 of 5 and then when I think it's going to work (like it has been doing!) it goes back to 1 of 5 and starts it's self over. I think this is where my problem is. It won't fully go through the progress when it gets to 5 of 5 it won't complete allowing it to download my program guide in order for me to watch tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)