I'm so glad I switched from Dish to DirecTV last year...

She really did sound 12. It's ok though... Good thing she has Uverse... To talk about during her TV shows, that she can't miss.

So many channel disputes Dish has. Another one might come up tomorrow. Geez. I don't usually watch CNN much but there are good shows on it. I watch Cartoon Network and Boomerang a lot. But these stations are back, but now ANOTHER dispute is coming tomorrow with the CBS stations. I watch CBS a lot. Wow. Disputes are all over the place with Dish. Remember the one with AMC?

I have to say other then the AMC dispute I have not been affected by the black outs. And on the AMC issue. I think I made out. Money, PPV certificates and ROKO. I really only missed Hell on Wheels. Which I could get by other sources. I read about all the Dish disputes. 1000's of post's. If affected more I would be a little more concerned, but on balance. Dish is doing a better job a managing there pricing then, well anybody. As stated before. All about each costumers viewing habits. :) Peace

I have to say other then the AMC dispute I have not been affected by the black outs. And on the AMC issue. I think I made out. Money, PPV certificates and ROKO. I really only missed Hell on Wheels. Which I could get by other sources. I read about all the Dish disputes. 1000's of post's. If affected more I would be a little more concerned, but on balance. Dish is doing a better job a managing there pricing then, well anybody. As stated before. All about each costumers viewing habits. :) Peace

I'm in the same boat as you. The only channels that I ever really missed were AMC and BTN when they were dropped. With the BTN dispute I only missed one out of conference Iowa game and I received $10 off my bill for 6 months. With AMC I never missed any of the shows I watched and got about $30 off for 6 months along with a free Roku. I don't know any other provider that would be able to give me the perks I received with Dish. Just from referrals over the years I got an iPad 2, iPad Mini and showing up today will be my PS4.

Reactions: budda and satjay
We did the math on the thread that was titled about dish vs direct disputes. We were able to come to the reasoning that they were pretty close in the number in disputes in a certain period. For me, Dish disputes, I haven't been affected at all. If it wasn't for this site I never would have known that Turner went down. I don't have O&O, and since I have had dish, none of my locals have disappeared. Even AMC would not have affected me. Viacom would have, if Showtime went it would have affected me. Same with TBS and TNT. I'm betting DTV would have the same affect on me though, with their disputes. I'm just waiting, I know one of these days a channel I actually watch is going to disappear.

While I was weeding through my e-mails .. I learned this thread was the 5th most popular topic at Sat Guys last week. I had to peek... Really? :rollingeyes Geez...get a life...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts