I'm sure this is super-easy...

bullwinkl

Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
Washington, IN
I have searched hgh and low and since I don't see anyone else online in any of my searches with this same problem I'm sure that it's something I've completely overlooked and is an easy fix...

My problem is that in all my recurring recordings for shows that are on both an HD and SD feed for the same channel, my receiver for some reason wants to record both and if I want to skip the program, I have to cancel it THREE times. For some reason, it wants to record the HD version of the program, then the SD version of the same channel, then once those are cancelled, it wants to record it on an upper number channel that's the same. It's super annoying...and I'm sure I'm over thinking it. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I there also a way to not show both channels in the guide (upper and lower channel numbers)? I have a 722 if that's any help.

I'm perplexed...

What type of timer have you setup? Did you do a DishPass to record all instances of a show? If so then it is doing what you have asked it to do. You can change the preferences to just certain channels, just certain frequencies or just HD or just SD in the timer options. Select the time that is giving you trouble from the Daily Schedule and then select options. Adjust it to what you really want.

Are all your recurring recordings on the HD channel and not the SD channel? The Timer will display "HD" if it is on a double channel. If so, manually request all your Timers in HD. Then delete all your SD duplicate timers.

To make sure you never accidentally set up an SD timer ever again, Block all SD duplicate channels. While in Block Channel you might as well block duplicate HD channels and all the channels you do not receive or will never watch to steamline Search functions.