ImaginAsian TV anyone interested?

Sarang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2005
www.iatv.tv/

Shows don't look bad and I'm suspecting all the Anime is subtitled and I'm hoping not butchered either. Besides having Korean and Chinese as well as India and perhaps more they have original programming as well.
I put this up as a topic because I think Dish could get them fairly cheap it not free considering their limited circulation and how this could be a HUGE boon to their subscriber base. So no price increase for this most likely AND we get another channel in Top 60. Thoughts? M.Sparks offered this up as a suggestion for an Asian American channel and I think we have the potential to get it plus I think it may make a nice bone though not completely for those Korean Dish subscribers who are bitter about losing SBS and MBC. Also like SiTV this is something that will draw English speaking customers of Dish in since every show has an English accommodation of some kind.
This could end up being a bargain for Dish in terms of an extra channel.

epsilon said:
According to their FAQ, they're in discussions with E*. They also mention that "most" of their anime is subbed.

Thanks I missed that, didn't think the info would be in their forums. Anyway for people that this looks appealing to PLEASE request. I already saw a preview for a Chinese show that, while neither my mom or I are Asian, she'd be interested in I think. The big thing here is I'm sure there are shows on this network that would appeal beyond the typical scope of Asian Americans. I've checked out SiTV before and need to watch it more often for "Malcolm & Eddie" and maybe "Dark Angel" but this network I know I'd watch a lot just for the Anime and if the Korean show is at all like Music Camp I'll DEFINITELY tune in.
Also to the people concerned about a price increase further proof that this would either be minimal to no cost to E is in the fact they mention it being FTA as well as I think being on the basic Cable tier.

Don't forget Uncle Morty's dub shack!

It is a pretty cool channel. It used to be Ku/FTA on G10R. Now it's on c-band only (IA-13) and is also FTA there.

I think it'd be a great addition to Dish, and not just in one of the international bundles.

Shawn95GT said:
Don't forget Uncle Morty's dub shack!

It is a pretty cool channel. It used to be Ku/FTA on G10R. Now it's on c-band only (IA-13) and is also FTA there.

I think it'd be a great addition to Dish, and not just in one of the international bundles.

Well I was hoping to see it packed into a basic channel package like 60 or if not that 120 since SiTV is on that one. Hopefully if we do manage to get this put on Dish sometime down the line we can get AznTV instituted. It would be nice for DirecTV to have a gap in channels like this when I think people will start to watch some programs on this channel regularly.
Too bad you're not on Dish right now Shawn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts