IMF to launch Today at 5PM

Do you really want oxygen!!!! :shocked :shocked other than nfl channel the other channels pretty much suck. Unless you have a hankering for small college sports they are pretty much a waste of bandwidth that could be used for other thing like HDTV

Wow, what an interesting thread. The only reason I clicked on it was because I thought IMF meant the Impossible Missions Force. Oh well, it did provide some amusement.

Maybe a judge can force Charlie to add Viacoms "MTV Hits" I really would like this channel consdiering every cable provider in america seems to have it on digital. I just rather not tie myself to the "snake" : -) oh and maybe TBN will sue E* and Skyangel so I can get JC-TV on E* too :)

njjeepguy said:
Has anyone watched this channel yet? About as interesting as the Bingo channel.

I watched it for a few minutes. Then, it was back to 6009. If I want to listen to music on TV, it's usually for background music while I'm working. I'll take commercial-free Sirius over any of the 100s music channels. I'd rather have my local UPN added than this channel.

Can anyone who has AT120 please confirm that it is available on AT120? I've confirmed it is NOT on AT60 and it IS on AT180, but I have not confimed that it is on AT120 or any of the DL packages.

See ya
Tony

Carl B said:
Wow, what an interesting thread. The only reason I clicked on it was because I thought IMF meant the Impossible Missions Force. Oh well, it did provide some amusement.
I certainly hope it doesn't say "This satellite receiver will self-destruct in 5 seconds"; I'm a DHA customer. :D

What kind of international programming is on this channel? I thought there was already a similar music channel. It is just world music, or more region specific? Maybe there's a list of different language music that's aired?

I like how Dish is adding international music channels, for a premium fee of course. Similar to what they did with the Italian radio station I believe.

AppliedAggression,

This channel plays mostly new rock along with the inevitable RapCrap that seems to be popular today for God knows what reason. (these kids today...) From what I have seen, it has a great mix of hard rock, pop and off-beat music with a generous sprinkling of international rock in various languages. But mostly in English. I've seen videos from Denmark, Colombia, France, Sweeden, UK, Ivory Coast (via way of France) and the good ol' USA.

I will say, this is the only rock music video channel on Dish that actually seems to play music videos on a consistant basis...

Oooo.... "Juanes" from Colombia are on now! (in Spanish). This video has been on HTV and MTV Latino for a while.

See ya
Tony

This channel is alright, but The Tube TV is the best music video station right now...

BFG: Indeed! Watching it now as a matter of fact. Actually when my TV is on, most likely it's showing The Tube. Or if my stereo is playing music (with/without TV on), that music is always coming from this channel (through digital audio connection of course). :)

Well I have had this channel on for several hours, and I've noticed a few things. They play nothing but videos, with NO commercials (except for the occasional PSA). It's about 65% American stuff, with about 15% latin stuff. They also play some good offbeat USA videos, like Jack Johnson and Papa Roach.
Only bad thing about it is they repeat the same vids over and over. I saw 50 Cent's new one and Gwen Stefani's newer one twice in 2 hours each. Oh I also saw a girl from Mexico's video twice too.

Overall, MUCH better than MTV crap, or even Fuse. Even though it's by court order, I'll take it dammit!!

Actually, I kind of like this channel. No commercials and the format seems to be the equivalent of XM's UPop channel, which I like.

A little weird watching Israeli technopop, but definitely interesting once in a while.

There was a GREAT video of a Finnish classical music group doing an instrumental cover of a Metallica song on a frozen lake. I have extremely eclectic tastes though, so I can see how this might be worthless to others....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts