Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just received word that IMF (International Music Feed) will launch today at 5PM Eastern Time on Dish Network and will be available in the Americas Top 120 Package and above.

This channel was added because a Federal Judge ordered Dish Network to carry the Music Channel produced by Universal.

mdonnelly said:
Big whoop.

I look at this forum for new info and stuff- but i am getting tired of the neg comment everytime dish adds something (internat, open tv, locals, whatever)if you dont like what they add -dont watch it or use but these comments are pointless.

jimijam28 said:
I look at this forum for new info and stuff- but i am getting tired of the neg comment everytime dish adds something (internat, open tv, locals, whatever)if you dont like what they add -dont watch it or use but these comments are pointless.
What tires you really doesn't interest me. Negative comments are rampant on this board. I demand my right to contribute.

I'm feeling like jimi also.

I'd really like the pointless negative comments to stop about E*

This forum should be to talk about things E* and not just create threads and say hey dish you suck.

BFG said:
I'm feeling like jimi also.

I'd really like the pointless negative comments to stop about E*

This forum should be to talk about things E* and not just create threads and say hey dish you suck.
Brian, it's not E* that I'm complaining about. They were FORCED to carry this crap.

but its the commets like yurs thats bugs me- its worthless -evertime there is news about something - somebody has to say something neg about it-somebody out there might enjoy this channel.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just got a PM telling me it is actually available NOW on channel 154. (It just came on a few moments ago)

Not on my TV. It's already available on 157, though.

jimijam28 said:
but its the commets like yurs thats bugs me- its worthless -evertime there is news about something - somebody has to say something neg about it-somebody out there might enjoy this channel.
Look newbie. Welcome to the forum. :wave We want you here, and we want you to contribute. BUT, don't tell me what to say and when to say it.

watching it on channel 157 now looks pritty cool.... whats the details that cauzed the us to get the channel today.. what i mean by that how did echostar breatch a contract with them?? whats the details anyone?

I turn there and the first thing I see is a rap song with a german band in old Gestapo uniforms. Now that's my kind of compelling programming. LoL

It's pathetic that Dish will only add channels under threat of a court order. I hope the judge orders them to add Ovation and Trio.

Supposedly back when Dish and Directv were talking about merging Dish made a deal to add some channels from Universal and they never did! Of course Directv/Dish deal fell through, but as far as I can tell the original deal wasn't tied to rather or not Directv and Dish merged! So therefore Universal is suing Dish and I guess the judge though this music channel was the best thing they could force Dish to add. The only thing I wish is that they would have made them add something a little more interesting. IMHO

Maybe we need a kick-a** judge in NJ to:

1. Force Dish to carry YES Network.
2. Force Comcast to provide Concast-Philly to DBS.

(I said NJ since parts of the state are in both the Phillies and Yankees market.)

Cyclone said:
Isn't that how YES got on Cablevision was by court order?

Yeah I believe Elliot Spitzer the NY Attorney General got involved and reached a deal, then YES was carried as a premium channel but early last year an arbitration ruling forced Cablevision to carry it their basic package along with MSG and FSNNY. Now I know that there are probably many satisfied Dish Network subscribers out there, but for the others I feel for you, I mean not having Nfl Network, Yes Network, Oxygen,CSTV, ESPN U and some other networks which might not be as popular like Fittv and Fine Living must suck. It makes me look at Ergen and think of him as a cheapskate who only adds programming and services which will not cost him a dime. Sorry for the rant.