IMG 1.9 Release

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
I see that the IMG 1.9 release if finally going to rollout. I read on the verizon forum today that it will begin rolling out to Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany and Harrisburg initially. I also read in the release notes that the Multi Room DVR will work between DVR's which is a nice feature. The hard drive expansion is also part of this upgrade so I know lots of people will be happy with that. Me included!

Here is the link to the verizon post:
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizo...ive-Media-Guide-1-9-Release-Notes/ba-p/301355

Last edited:
What is the schedule for this? Don't think it hit Boston yet!

1.9 rollout was stopped while they made some minor tweeks. Biggest fix was to incorporate a new set of firmware from Motorola for the box. They also incorporated changes on a new initial screen that only appears right after its installed. Apparently they got too many calls during the 1.9 rollout from people who selected the wrong options for on that screen and then didn't like what that choice did.

They have been testing 1.9a in-house, and will probably start rolling it out in a few weeks to a month. But they will also have to roll that to the users who already got 1.9 first.

1.9a has started its roll-out. As suspected the first roll-out is to the same area that previously got 1.9.

The second DAC, has people reporting in Pittsburgh that they have gotten it. Florida is also in the second DAC.

The first DAC, Albany, Buffalo, Harrisburg and Syracuse got 1.9a last week.

Too many issues... It is being rolled back to 1.8. :(

Appaently initially was all screwed up for Moto QIP2500-P3 (sd) boxes, but they finally pushed out again. They also had some problems getting the servers to work correctly. But now 1.9A is rolled out to Pittsburgh and Florida.

Yep, I am in Pittsburgh and have received the update. So far so good for me. I had a little trouble getting the Home Media DVR set up as I am doing that for the first time but oncce it was set up it works like a charm.

Please post how it performs- good or bad.

So far the whole family likes it. Even the 6 year old understands how nice the feature is. One thinng I have noticed, and it may have been in the release notes somewhere, is that the chaptering on a DVR program only works if you are watching the program on the DVR that it was recorded on.

Ive had 1.9 since the first roll out. I never had any issues and I havent had any since the update. Ive added external hard drives to two of the units just because I could :) My son uses up the space on his.

Got an email from Verizon saying they're getting ready to upgrade me at any moment. Los Angeles County, SoCal.

By now most people know that the strike at Verizon East not only effected those of us on the east coast, but has stopped for the moment the migration of 1.9 that was planned for those in Texas and California. No word if any progress will be made anywhere on 1.9 before the strike is settled.

Verizon is expected to begin where they left off.

1.9(a) to California and Texas this week.

To Philly and NJ in two or three weeks.

To Ny and NE in another two or three weeks

And probably another three weeks fo the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)