Impeachment: American Crime Story on FX 136 has repeated pauses

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I have noticed that recordings of the series Impeachment: American Crime Story on FX channel 136 have several places where the program will pause and then resume. I thought the hard drive on my Hopper3 was going bad but the problem does not occur with any of my other recordings. The problem occurs several times per episode and has occurred on each of the episodes. If I skip back the pause occurs at the same spots in the episodes. I am now suspecting that the problem is with the show or the FX channel. This is the only show I have watched on FX
Has anyone else observed this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed that recordings of the series Impeachment: American Crime Story on FX channel 136 have several places where the program will pause and then resume. I thought the hard drive on my Hopper3 was going bad but the problem does not occur with any of my other recordings. The problem occurs several times per episode and has occurred on each of the episodes. If I skip back the pause occurs at the same spots in the episodes. I am now suspecting that the problem is with the show or the FX channel. This is the only show I have watched on FX
Has anyone else observed this problem?

It was fine on my Hopper 3.

YES. I’ve noticed this too. It is not a FX nationwide issue as my recording on YouTube TV (trial) had no such issues.

Almost everything that I watch had been recorder on my H3. This is the only show that has the pauses. Other FX 136 shows are fine. I have been watching American Horror Story. There has never been a pause in this program.

Reactions: syphix
To test whether or not the program was the problem I watched season 3 episode 7 using Dish On Demand. The program streamed fine with no problems. Thus it appears to be a problem with the FX broadcast on western arc. To rule out the hard drive on my Family Room Hopper3 I will set up a timer on my Living Room Hopper3 to record the broadcast. It is reassuring to see many others are having the same issue.

Me, too... on FX, Discovery and Nat Geo. It's almost like watching a stream without the buffering circle when it gets interrupted

You described the problem correctly. It does appear like a stream that is buffering. After the pause it resumes where it was in the stream.

Good to know others, too. I had suspected this was a Dish problem. Perhaps the encoders are either not functioning properly or not properly set, is my guess. I do wish those in the know can confirm if Dish still changes out encoders for the latest and most capable as they used to.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Noticed the same thing during recordings of What We Do in the Shadows and AHS
Yes, my recordings of What We Do In The Shadows have been glitching for several weeks. It's not a signal issue because there's no pixellation and no "signal lost" message.

I'm on the Eastern arc.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I recorded Season 3 Episode 8 of Impeachment: American Crime Story on both of my Hopper3 receivers. The. Pauses are located at the same place on both Hopper3 receivers. Thus I have verified that the problem is in the Dish broadcast and not a hard drive problem with my Hopper3 receivers. The first pause occurs at 14 minutes into the recording. The second pause occurs at 21 minutes. The third pause occurs several times at 30 minutes. Another pause at 41 minutes. Since streaming does not have the problem it must be an issue with the Dish encoders. I am on western arc but people have noticed the problem on both eastern and western arcs.

Last edited:
I've noticed some issues too, thought it might be an issue just for my dish, glad it's not that. I've seen glitches in every episode of American Crime Story this year. But I have also seen them in some episodes of Dave that I have recorded over the past 2 months on FX. It's almost enough to make me watch ACS on demand but the ability to skip commercials wins out every week :)

Tonight’s episode 9 had no sound for the first 1 minute 36 seconds. Plus several pauses throughout the broadcast.